Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 12:23 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times

Advertisements

Large home building development coming to St Clair co.

Quote:
A Birmingham company has purchased land to build a massive 1,400-home residential development in St. Clair County.
Birmingham-Wesley Chapel Investments LLC, founded by SunBelt Land Management's William Gary Allen, has purchased 350 building lots in the Brookhaven subdivision and a 550-acre adjacent parcel in the Richfield subdivision from Bobby R. Smith Jr.'s Four Star Holdings, a press release from the developer said. The cost of the purchase was not disclosed.
Allen's company will work with Four Star and other builders on the project, which is located near U.S. 411 between Interstates 20 and 59.
This combined with Daniel's intentions to build a bigger then Ross Bridge Ross Bridge-like community out in Leeds will make the East Metro begin to look a whole lot more like the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 08:47 PM

522 posts, read 847,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Large home building development coming to St Clair co.

This combined with Daniel's intentions to build a bigger then Ross Bridge Ross Bridge-like community out in Leeds will make the East Metro begin to look a whole lot more like the South.
I agree. When Phase 2 of The Shops of Grand River finally breaks ground and opens, it will be the "Riverchase Galleria" of the east. Trussville will continue to be the upscale area in the east, but I feel that from a commercial standpoint, I-20 will be the hotbed for development. Far east Birmingham (and perhaps Irondale) could take advantage of growth, with it's proximity to I-459 and all of the available land out there.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:55 PM

The Park at Wood Station

Work set to begin on Woodlawn's The Park at Wood Station - Birmingham Business Journal

This could be very good for the Woodlawn area!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:57 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamguy View Post
I agree. When Phase 2 of The Shops of Grand River finally breaks ground and opens, it will be the "Riverchase Galleria" of the east. Trussville will continue to be the upscale area in the east, but I feel that from a commercial standpoint, I-20 will be the hotbed for development. Far east Birmingham (and perhaps Irondale) could take advantage of growth, with it's proximity to I-459 and all of the available land out there.
When will this break ground?

And more like "The Summit" of the east.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:05 AM

While I wouldn't go so far as to call the Shops at GR the Galleria or the Summit of the East I will say that the East will have more in the way of nice new neighborhoods like the south does. The south will continue to have the best shopping and the biggest and most prosperous burbs.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:39 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times
Also, Jim Wilson and Associates is still sitting on their property at the Odenville exit. When the economy has a more secure projection over several quarters I believe we will see the revival of their GATEWAY TOWNE CENTRE. The residential development out there only assures this premise.

I don't discount Jeffrey Bayer's DEERFOOT property either. It is really prime to open in the next five to ten years. (we lost a lot of activity during the 'ten' years of economic shrinkage, as did everyone else)

Old 07-31-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
I don't discount Jeffrey Bayer's DEERFOOT property either. It is really prime to open in the next five to ten years. (we lost a lot of activity during the 'ten' years of economic shrinkage, as did everyone else)
Ah yes, I forgot about that one. That does have the potential of being a Summit(-lite) of the East. Now people can start arguing about weather Saint Clair is "the next" Shelby county, whatever that means. Start flaunting your "59" tags now.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
Also, Jim Wilson and Associates is still sitting on their property at the Odenville exit. When the economy has a more secure projection over several quarters I believe we will see the revival of their GATEWAY TOWNE CENTRE. The residential development out there only assures this premise.

I definitely can see the JWA property becoming something that comes to fruition, and acts as a complement to SofGR. That seems to be the direction of growth these days in the east. I do not discount an upscale shopping area at Deerfoot, but I just think that we need some large projects coming down the pipe in metro Birmingham, in order for growth to continue, especially to the Northeast.

We are all still banking on a more prosperous city center; the South will continue to prosper, but to what extent (to Calera to Chilton Co); the east is getting more attention these days. As of right now, I can honestly see our metro becoming more SouthEast heavy (the area between 280 and I-20. Yes, the traffic to get to downtown Birmingham will continue to be nightmarish, however the new jobs at Granview Medical Center will suggest growth along 119 between 280 and Leeds. I still think that Birmingham should really take advantage of what is about to happen with Grandview, and build it's own little community to support families, who would work in the area...this will also continue to build the cities population, even if it is not city center.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
While I wouldn't go so far as to call the Shops at GR the Galleria or the Summit of the East I will say that the East will have more in the way of nice new neighborhoods like the south does. The south will continue to have the best shopping and the biggest and most prosperous burbs.
I just called it that because of the draw of people to the area, with more retail and restaurants to come.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamguy View Post
I just called it that because of the draw of people to the area, with more retail and restaurants to come.
Yeah I agree. Trussville seems like it has Hoover-envy. Once/if all those homes get built plus the two new centers Raj mentioned, it will seem like a whole 'nother world out there. I have this odd, vaguely "I'm out of town" feel whenever I am out in the Trussville shopping district and Grayson Valley area. A couple of huge new neighborhoods out in Moody/Pell City Area with new shopping centers will only heighten that effect exponentially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area