Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs > SandyCo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
  1. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

It's basic. Very basic. But if you want to place some blocks and remember all the good times before Notch went weird, this is for you. This is Minecraft as it once was, just a handful of resources and the most basic of biomes to tinker with. Smells like memories.

BEST UPTADE AND GAMING ON THE OLD VERSION : Shrink your URLs and get paid!
  2. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

"Changing the way I eat and learning about the proper foods to eat has helped me become a better person. I would recommend The Perfect Plan to anyone who is wanting to lose weight."

PLEASE CHECK IT OUT: Shrink your URLs and get paid!
  3. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

I can relate somewhat. I was hearing from people all over that they could feel the cold in their bones, and when I reached the 50 year old mark, seems like it all started for me then. Progressively worse, but all you can do is hopefully work through what you deal with, hopefully less pain. There is a site called: Real age, and your put your own history in there, and per your information that you enter, it will determine your body age, compared to your real age, based off the information you entered. It is rather accurate I think. Just an FYI.
  4. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

Hi Sandy! You are just experiencing a phase of life and don't evr think tht u r the only one who is going through this condition. Well this is life and the mantra of spending it in a happy manner is that just welcum evrything with open arms and try to get adjusted with the new changes. You know for every situation in life, broadly, we have two options either we like it or not. Again the two main solutions for the same -- either accept tht happily or just keep cribbing 'bout it! So depends which option do v go for! Coz in any condition the time will keep on flying and evry moment will keep on passing by, so depends on us how we want to spend it!
  5. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

Hi Sandy! You are just experiencing a phase of life and don't evr think tht u r the only one who is going through this condition. Well this is life and the mantra of spending it in a happy manner is that just welcum evrything with open arms and try to get adjusted with the new changes. You know for every situation in life, broadly, we have two options either we like it or not. Again the two main solutions for this either accept happily of keep cribbing 'bout it! So depends which option do v go for! Coz in any condition the time will keep on flying and evry moment will keep on passing by, so depends on us how we want to spend it!
  6. Old Comment

I've lost someone important.

People who never come back!

Hi!
    just went thru your post..n can undrstnd wt u must have felt at tht moment.But u know the worst things happen in our life when we are most unprepared....n on the more practical side....nobdy frst prepares onself for smthing bad to happen. The fact is... evry1 looses sm1 very special in his or her own life. And these losts can never be filled with nething. it's true tht some people never *** back bt wat remains forever is their memory and the show of life goes on with these remnants of memory alone. you said tht u knew the performer professionally only ,so though hurt, but u may carry on with your life. But God forbid!..when we loose someone very close to us then belv me life becomes incomplete and meaningless forever!
  7. Old Comment

I'm not a moderator anymore!

You did just fine, SandyCo. Sometimes, we all need a break from the norm. You get to a point where the role you played just ran its course. Now, you can be a civilian just like me.

But you can always come back as a mod when you feel the time is right.
  8. Old Comment

I'm not a moderator anymore!

If you were signing on from your job that is unethical. I am glad you decided not to do that.
    If you were not able or willing to sign on from home you are either too busy or not cut out to do this task.
    Don't feel bad. Everyone has their purpose this was just not yours. Its OK
    That doesn't mean your friends don't still like you and want you on the forum.
    Updated 08-10-2009 at 02:01 AM by yukiko11
  9. Old Comment

My son turned 20 on Saturday!

I have two teenager's now ( 13 and 17) and I have just turned 45!! Sandy, how do you deal with the transition? it scares me as well. They are all i have. I am handicaped and my own family pretty much lost touch with me. My three brother's lost touch when i no longer could get around, and my sister lives in ga (who i still talk with) and my mom 72 does what she can's. My father and I were never close. I fear the day when my son's leave esp. when i see it on other's blog's . Some how it makes it seem so more real! and I know it is! Thanks for reminding me how short this time is, it's so easy to forget that sometimes..... michelle
  10. Old Comment

I am so with you on this. I still remember playing with him as a baby. Now, he is away in college! and about pretending those "crows feet" aren't there I think there is always Botox! I have another one at home He is 13. I think they are tougher to raise when we get a little older Do you?
  11. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

You know the funny thing about aging is how relative it is. I'm not quite 40 yet, real close, but I know people that dream of being 40ish again.

LOL. It really is perspective.
  12. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

All I can say it welcome to the club. Be glad you made it this far. Could have been worse ya know.
  13. Old Comment

Blue, congrats on the coming of a great grandson.
  14. Old Comment

I know what you're talking about Sandy, I'm watching 3 grow up before my eyes and I all I want do is tell them to stop growing for just 5 minutes. Two are taller than I, and all I keep asking myself is.... when did this happen?
  15. Old Comment

Deep breaths, Sandy..Pretty soon you will be a gramma, and all the gray hairs and crows feet won't matter..All that will matter is the special gift God gives us to love and spoil in our aging years..My oldest grandchild is 25 years old (8 more under him and looking forward to a great grandson in November)
  16. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

We're not getting older, just more experienced and it's our bodies way of showing the experience.
    Posted 07-06-2008 at 10:36 AM by East Coast Wanderer East Coast Wanderer is offline
  17. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

Those aches and pains are probably just me nagging you all the time to hang out!
  18. Old Comment

Realistic or depressing?

Sandy, I think that what your experiencing is what many experience in life especially when they hit there 40's.
    Take the good with the bad.

Take Care, Josh