Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

The Snake Handlers

Posted 01-20-2014 at 11:33 AM by Fortoggie

The year was 1951 and I witnessed my first snake handling service. It was on the band box on the court house square. The folks came in from, Dolly Pond over in Hamilton county. There was music and singing and then I noticed wire cages with Rattle Snakes inside. After some preaching, shouting and a whole lot of moving around they began to take the snakes out and let them move around their arms etc. From time to time the snakes would bite them but they survived. However the next year there was one...
Posted in Lifestyle, Weird
Old

The land of Grump

Posted 01-19-2014 at 09:41 AM by grumptacular

I really enjoy my property. Not so much my house, it's just a house, but my property is a like a paradise to me. I live on four and a half acres on the edge of the city limits. All the wild life that used to live all around the area has been pushed out to where I live, along with my neighbors properties. I have deer, skunk, fox, raccoon, snakes, occasionally coyotes, screech owls. It's beautiful and tranquil and while I can see the neighbors houses in the winter when all the foliage is gone,...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

DIY oh my! and tips when renting out a property

Posted 01-17-2014 at 03:15 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-17-2014 at 03:25 PM by grumptacular

I met the inspector for the SC house yesterday. Good news is the foundation, electrical, roof and plumbing are all in good shape.

The hot water heater and dishwasher need to be replaced. They removed the dishwater motor? Weird.

Aside from those two items, it looks like all the other damage is purely cosmetic. Apparently there was an orange (the fruit), fight in one of the rooms, that I missed when I was down there last week. I could see the splatter marks and...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Boasting about conquests

Posted 01-15-2014 at 08:10 PM by grumptacular
Updated 01-19-2014 at 04:34 PM by grumptacular

A thread the other day was posted about why guys boast about their conquests. It really caused me to stop and pause about what I have written and my mind set when I post on the boards. My response, after I thought about it, was that it was a narcissistic, immature ego boost. Stemming from insecurity, and providing me a false sense of confidence. It was a refreshing question, and an honest answer. I hadn't really considered how shallow I had allowed my mindset to become. I scratched at it a...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Playoffs, part two!

Posted 01-13-2014 at 03:29 PM by grumptacular

I wish I was a betting man!

The divisional playoffs turned out as I anticipated.

Colts/Patriots-Decisive victory by Brady and the Pats. Andrew Luck? Only luck he had that day was his name. Too many turn overs. Pats win 43-22. Not much of a contest.

Seahawks/Saints-The game started with nearly monsoon conditions. Almost a guarantee that the Saints passing game would be non-existent. After half time though, the weather calmed and the Saints started...