U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
News
Old

💁🏻Yeah, We Have Hurricanes and Alligators in Miami ....Who Cares?"

Posted 05-19-2018 at 07:36 PM by miagal

Located on Florida's southeast shore and also referred to as The Magic City, Miami has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. But it's also a fantastic place to live! Don't let the seldom hurricane or alligator spotting deter you. Here are a few reasons why Miami is hands-down...
Real Estate Agent
Old

A Brief Open Letter to Dr. Ben Carson

Posted 04-05-2018 at 09:54 PM by MrSykes

(Originally published March 2013 in response to the fallout from his infamous National Prayer breakfast speech):

Dear Dr. Carson,

As a moderate progressive, I disagree with much of your social and political perspective, but your personal story and prodigious achievements in medicine are nonetheless inspiring. I agree that everyone would do well to foster productive discussion without venturing into disparaging and accusatory rhetoric. That said, I do believe your public...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bencarsonfb_si.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
Penetrating Intellectual Trauma
Posted in News
Old

Restricted Beach Access to the Public as of July 1st??

Posted 04-05-2018 at 03:59 PM by AngCanSouthFlorida
Updated 04-05-2018 at 04:19 PM by AngCanSouthFlorida

In just a few months, private businesses and homeowners will be able to decide if they want to restrict beach access to the public in certain stretches of dry sand after a bill signed by Florida Gov. Rick Scott.

The "Possession of Real Property" bill bans cities and counties from "adopting or keeping in effect certain ordinances and rules based upon customary use" – meaning local government cannot force a private beach to be open for public use in certain instances....
Real Estate Agent
Posted in News
Old

SUSD-What are Scottsdale Schools really like?

Posted 04-05-2018 at 03:39 PM by SarcasticPhxDude
Updated 04-06-2018 at 03:41 PM by SarcasticPhxDude

I have been a Realtor for about 19 years, and formed my own opinions from hearing other parents and people talk about schools. One of those opinions was related to the school districts in AZ.

I had always told clients how good I heard the Kyrene school district is/was.
https://www.kyrene.org/

Chandler & Gilbert schools have always been desirable (during my 19 years)
https://www.cusd80.com/
http://gilbertschools.net/

And Peoria...
Real Estate Agent
Posted in Lifestyle, News