U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Blogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Lifestyle
Old

Life Saver? Who Knew!

Posted 05-05-2021 at 06:06 PM by Blondebaerde

Life takes odd turns, of that we can be sure.

Past few days two people have thanked me for sending them to a certain surgeon in Mexico. The guy is world class at what he does; where-feasible I'm convinced offshore is the way to go. For certain procedures, anyway.

One guy is suggesting I "saved his life." Why do I mention this? Pfft: I post in various places about various topics, and offer a bit of counsel when-asked (not "advice" as the worst...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Driving Miss Knoxville -- the Trip to Tennessee: Day 1

Posted 04-30-2021 at 08:33 PM by Igor Blevin
Updated 04-30-2021 at 09:08 PM by Igor Blevin

Day 1, Saturday

Sacramento, California to Battle Mountain, Nevada on Interstate 80 (350 miles)

After surviving the move from hell, I enjoyed a day off, recuperating at my mother's house rather than a hotel, and taking the opportunity to reorganize everything I am taking with me, but it cost me a full day I planned to spend driving.

I am almost back to normal after a shower, shave, and coffee. I wave good-bye to Mother with no clue when I will...
I be leavin'.
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

4 Coats and Jacket Trends taking over Instagram this year

Posted 04-29-2021 at 01:42 PM by K Shaun

2020 was a tough year. Due to global pandemic many people stayed at home and fashion brands were closed all across the world. There's nothing wrong in saying tha 2020 was a worst year for fashion brands and the fashion industry. Luckily, we have survived through this tough year and now it's been 4 months to 2021 as well. I am hoping 2021 is going to be a good year with the new and unique fashion trends.

As we are halfway through this year, I have seen some very attractive jackets...
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

Corporate Diversity?

Posted 04-28-2021 at 08:46 PM by Blondebaerde

Occasionally it makes the news that tech in places like Seattle is allegedly prejudiced against various groups. It makes the news every few years, there is a kerfuffle, the political flacks who either run the company or their $400/hour PR people get in front of it and announce "new hiring initiatives to be more inclusive." If they do anything about it or not, I don't know. And so it continues, in my experience. My current client just created an executive role subordinate only to the...
Big Data
Posted in Lifestyle
Old

The Morning After

Posted 04-28-2021 at 01:06 PM by Igor Blevin

Friday – Sacramento

The movers came and loaded all of my possessions on Thursday, a day later than originally scheduled. I chose a move-in day in one week from now, on a Thursday. That begins my 2-week window. The movers could deliver my goods anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks from now.

I am committed. If the movers arrive at my apartment in Knoxville ready to unload my possessions on Thursday, and I am not there to meet them, the penalty is $200/hour for every hour...
I be leavin'.
Posted in Lifestyle