Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM

414 posts, read 1,009,657 times

Advertisements

I'm reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Neffenegger (enjoying it so far). I just finished The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks and Beastly by Alexa Flinn. I realize the latter is for a younger age group, but I love the story of Beauty and the Beast and had to read it! I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed The Lucky One and found it to be one of my favorites by Sparks. My next one of his that I will read (or at least that I intend to read) is Dear John.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 05:20 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
well I got the guernsey potato peel pie society book and I hope I like it . I am also going to be waiting on my name is mary sutter -civil war era book about a woman trying to become a doctor seems like it has quite a few good reviews on barnes and noble and other book sites .

Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 AM

37 posts, read 41,687 times
I have to get to the bookstore. The library doesn't open for a month.
I haven't read this guy in years, but for some reason, I keep remembering Olaf Stapledon (which is nice, because mostly I am reminded of George Orwell.) "Sirius" and "Odd John" I would love to read again

Old 11-11-2010, 02:22 PM

414 posts, read 1,009,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well I got the guernsey potato peel pie society book and I hope I like it . I am also going to be waiting on my name is mary sutter -civil war era book about a woman trying to become a doctor seems like it has quite a few good reviews on barnes and noble and other book sites .
I went to our library and they didn't have this one and it has been highly reccommended to me by several people on this forum and I've read good reviews. But...I live in a small town and our library isn't very big so I have to read what they have since I don't have the money to go and purchase all the books I want to read. Though, I find the positive side of that is I can buy the books I really enjoyed. If I love something, I'll read it again, no question.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspink View Post
I went to our library and they didn't have this one and it has been highly reccommended to me by several people on this forum and I've read good reviews. But...I live in a small town and our library isn't very big so I have to read what they have since I don't have the money to go and purchase all the books I want to read. Though, I find the positive side of that is I can buy the books I really enjoyed. If I love something, I'll read it again, no question.
I really want you to read it, so ... go look at your private messages.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:16 PM

37 posts, read 41,687 times
anyone read this?
Amazon.com: The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power (9780060560058): Jeff Sharlet: Books

Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspink View Post
Pink, you should be able to use your library card at other libraries, if it isn't too far for you to go. that is the way it works here. Also, your library may have a reciprocal program and could get you books from other libraries. you just might have to wait a while. our library isn't as well stocked as it needs to be, so this is what I have to do.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,109,412 times
The Rolling Stone Interviews

Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,190,902 times
Just got a hone call rom my S/O.... he picked up the newest J.D. Robb book- Indulgence In Death for me. EXCITED ......... I'm a sucker for a good series

Old 11-12-2010, 11:35 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,719,321 times
Just started The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest
I'm going to be sad to see this series end
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books