Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,892,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The OP had a legitimate question and deserves an honest answer. By meaning a "white neighborhood" I'm sure/and hope he didn't mean 100% Anglo-Saxon off of the Mayflower, etc. Most people prefer to at least live amongst those who share similar traits/language and cultural values. This his nothing to do with tolerance as I'm sure is where you are trying to go with this. I for one don't mind diversity but would not want to be the only white in the neighborhood. It's a matter of comfort and being able to blend in reasonably. Sorry but the last 2 posts come across as typical PC nonsense.
I don't think many would disagree with this notion. I'm not convinced it is what the OP has in mind, though. If you review other threads about where to live, you'll find terms like "mixed ethnicity" or "diverse" which would apply to the concern that a person not stand out as the single representative of a particular background or social group. Maybe the OP will come back and explain further, but until he does, I have no interest in helping him out.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:25 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
^^ Why should anybody have to explain themselves? Not everybody thinks diverse neighborhoods are ideal and would prefer something more homogeneous.

If the OP were black and said, "Where can I find a good, safe, middle-class black neighborhood to live that won't break the bank?" would anybody even question his motives?

Old 03-09-2011, 05:48 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,347,968 times
as I've said before, the OP's comments makes me personally question his motives, not the question itself. of course, other than his cryptic last message, the OP hasn't been back since, so I see little point in continuing this thread anyways if the OP doesn't care enough to elaborate or explain further

Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 PM

4 posts, read 13,509 times
I don't have much in common with people of other races in general so why would I want to live around them? Some diversity can be a good thing but to much is a bad thing and thats whats going on in America right now. I'm sick of liberal hippies trying to make people feel guilty about prefering to be around their own race (unless they are black or hispanic of course) and trying to force diversity on people.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Still want to defend this person, renault and Massnative?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 PM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Still want to defend this person, renault and Massnative?
I don't feel the need to defend anybody. Someone was asking a question and I give him/her what I thought was a solid and helpful answer. But if you want to go there, the OP has his opinion just like anyone else. Some like diversity some don't. Does that make them evil either way? I grew up in a neighborhood where almost everyone was similar, people would watch each others kids/ borrow sugar, etc. What is increasingly occuring in many areas now is you have a whole block where no one has anything in common with one another. If not fearful of each other there is a sort of a cold anymosity that exists and people generally venture outside of their neighborhood to socialize with GUESS WHAT people who look exactly like themselves! That's what I mean about this hypocracy and double standard being totally amazing.

To you and all the rest of you whom are jumping all over the OP, I'm sure you've seen this thread below. Where was your diversity preaching comments then? The fact that they are absent completely invalidates your criticism here.

Moving to Boston - Looking for Middle Class to Affluent Black Area

Old 03-09-2011, 08:47 PM

5 posts, read 7,618 times
Questions like this are being asked all the time.

Well, you'll need to shell out quite some money. Since whites have usually higher incomes, they live in more expensive areas. I suppose you could search the local MSL listings by zip codes. Or use the city data website. Just gotta know how to use it.

Good luck

Old 03-09-2011, 08:56 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
This thread is getting funnier and funnier. Aj2474, enjoy your all-white enclave on a cool $450 a month. I'm sure it will be a palace and you will have tons in common with everyone on your block.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 PM

61 posts, read 66,495 times
The hypocrisy.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,964 times
No Offense, but an all White Neighborhood in Boston shouldn't be all that hard to find. Expensive or not.

its BOSTON for crying out loud.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston