Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 09:37 AM

23,570 posts, read 18,722,077 times

Advertisements

Two people were shot last night on Washington St. in Roslindale, one fatally. This happened on the 4100 block, I believe at this gas station across from Healy Field. This is also a few blocks from Rozzie Square.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/41...!4d-71.1243576

Around the same time, police also shoot man in the leg in Revere...

One dead at a shooting in Roslindale, another shot in the leg by police in Revere

https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/04...ice-in-revere/

"There were two separate shootings in the greater Boston area within the 9 o’clock hour Friday night, leaving one person dead in Roslindale and another suffering a police-inflicted gunshot to the leg. One unidentified person was pronounced dead at the scene in a shooting at a gas station in the 4100-block of Washington Street in Roslindale that left another person, an adult male, transported to an area hospital with injuries, according to Boston Police Deputy Superintendent James Miller. Police responded to that call at about 9:47 p.m.
“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: We’ve got too many guns on our streets right now,” Suffolk DA Kevin Hayden told reporters at the scene. “This is a very tragic incident. One’s no longer with us.”"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 10:43 AM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Seems like roslindale is getting worse. I thought it was gentrifying at one point but maybe people realized the place ain’t that great.

Old 04-09-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Seems like roslindale is getting worse. I thought it was gentrifying at one point but maybe people realized the place ain’t that great.

I posted once how it seemed (at one point) that end of Washington St. had cleaned up, but maybe not...

Old 04-09-2022, 11:54 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times
See we need MCI Walpole open and working.

Old 04-09-2022, 01:25 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
All of Boston is gentrifying but gangbangers have gotten a lot more emboldened recently now that defundies and farrakhanoids are in charge. There might be fewer thugs left but those remaining are a lot more willing to shoot it out anywhere in the city, with no regard for innocent bystanders.

Old 04-09-2022, 04:35 PM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
This area of Roslindale is always like this. It was worse around 2015/2016. But it's always like this. Check the crime log. This doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. There were also people shot in Dorchester and Roxbury yesterday. Nothing new here.

I'll be back in Boston in 2 weeks; lotta good events- Michelle Wu's Boston is more fun, from what I cant tell and making plans with friends. Crime is low too. I only worry (barely) about the T at this point. Seems sketchy.

Old 04-09-2022, 09:31 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,073,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
This area of Roslindale is always like this. It was worse around 2015/2016. But it's always like this. Check the crime log. This doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. There were also people shot in Dorchester and Roxbury yesterday. Nothing new here.

I'll be back in Boston in 2 weeks; lotta good events- Michelle Wu's Boston is more fun, from what I cant tell and making plans with friends. Crime is low too. I only worry (barely) about the T at this point. Seems sketchy.
Nothing that fun so far homie, though if some banger manages to get himself shot by a cop a couple thousand miles away we’ll definitely have another fun smash’n’loot party on Newbury St. Also don’t wear any hamsterdam apparel in places where white devils you’re not too fond of are heavily outnumbered by Nubian Kings and Queens, you might get misunderstood and that sort of misunderstanding can sometimes get rather murdery.

Old 04-10-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:

A woman was shot to death in the square last summer, but it's not like you hear of shootings over there every day. I think it's a stretch to say that it's "always like this". There are a lot more shootings in Hyde Park, Mattapan...(like where the person was shot on the bus on Morton St. recently).

Old 04-10-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I'll be back in Boston in 2 weeks

Well, let's see if id77 is a man of his word and follows through with buying you a sandwich at Sam LaGrassa's.

Old 04-10-2022, 11:41 AM

21,637 posts, read 12,773,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Well, let's see if id77 is a man of his word and follows through with buying you a sandwich at Sam LaGrassa's.
Unfortunately, he never really responded to my inquiry. Lol. I might pop by just to see what the hypes about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston