Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 PM

151 posts, read 714,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Mama View Post
Nope. Rednecks come in all colors.
Actually, that may have been a bit flippant, but "redneck" (or is "country" the more polite term?) is a lifestyle, not a race. There are black and hispanic cowboys who also listen to country music. And since my husband works outdoors, hand tools Western saddles, we both ride horses cowboy style and, as I've already admitted, I listen to country music, please feel free to call me a redneck (albeit a slightly liberal one ). Country is a state of mind, not a place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 03:55 AM

6 posts, read 13,548 times
You will feel like you died and went to heaven if you move to Colorado.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:36 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
For goodness sakes, where CANT you hear Republican banter diatribe on the radio? Nearly every radio staion on Am, other than sports is what your looking for. As long as you stay away from AM 760, I think your OK. 760 is the only station I can listen too.
There. That's the exact truth right there. Plenty of Rush, Hannity, Savage(??, I guess), Laura Ingram (sp?? who cares.). I go to 950 myself. Jim Rome. Nothing else matters but sports.

Signed,
Head in the sand until the Armageddon comes-

Old 10-13-2007, 10:23 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
There. That's the exact truth right there. Plenty of Rush, Hannity, Savage(??, I guess), Laura Ingram (sp?? who cares.). I go to 950 myself. Jim Rome. Nothing else matters but sports.

Signed,
Head in the sand until the Armageddon comes-
I used to live in Portland, we only had one sports station. This place is a mecca of sports and sports stations. Go Rockies, Nuggets (they just beat my old team the blazzers), Go Avs, Get Going Broncos.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 AM

296 posts, read 803,107 times
Why would anyone want a "conservative" or "not conservative" radio station to listen to??? Surely any talk show worth listening to would discuss both sides of an issue, else what is the point of the exercise?? Although I don’t consider myself worldly, I can say that in the countries that I have lived in, I have not seen the destructive nature of so-called "talk shows" like I have seen in the USA. It is sad because it is the Americans who suffer the consequences of a bitterly divided country.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane 3953 View Post
Why would anyone want a "conservative" or "not conservative" radio station to listen to??? Surely any talk show worth listening to would discuss both sides of an issue, else what is the point of the exercise?? Although I don’t consider myself worldly, I can say that in the countries that I have lived in, I have not seen the destructive nature of so-called "talk shows" like I have seen in the USA. It is sad because it is the Americans who suffer the consequences of a bitterly divided country.
there are so many conservative talk shows that I like hearing my lib talk shows. Drugbaugh got on in the early 90s and made some money because he was unique, and so everybody thought that bashing the libs was what made money. Now we find out that bashing the right wing wack jobs is making some money. I love to hear our side for a change. I like hearing the phone calls. It should not offend anyone. I think I remmeber having the ability to change the station trying to find sports evertime I heard that loud mouth Lars Larson when I lived in Portland.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
there are so many conservative talk shows that I like hearing my lib talk shows. Drugbaugh got on in the early 90s and made some money because he was unique, and so everybody thought that bashing the libs was what made money. Now we find out that bashing the right wing wack jobs is making some money. I love to hear our side for a change. I like hearing the phone calls. It should not offend anyone. I think I remmeber having the ability to change the station trying to find sports evertime I heard that loud mouth Lars Larson when I lived in Portland.

You and my dad would get along pretty good. But he's hard to figure out. He immigrated to this country from Ireland back in the 50's and supposedly got to shake JFK's hand during his campaign and was an avid support of Jack and Bobby. He calls himself a conservative Democrat- actually, he considers himself an Independent now. He hates W with a purple-passion and all of his family, as he doesn't believe in sending an idiot or a crook into office. He's funny that way! Jesh! It's just the Presidency!

Now, what I can't figure out is that my dad used to enjoy listening to Rush (Drugbaugh) and cuss at the radio. I used to ask, "Dad, why do you even listen to him." He said, "Because he's entertaining. I want to hear what he says next." It's kind of like the Howard Stern/Dr Laura phenomena. I think those two should hook up.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You and my dad would get along pretty good. But he's hard to figure out. He immigrated to this country from Ireland back in the 50's and supposedly got to shake JFK's hand during his campaign and was an avid support of Jack and Bobby. He calls himself a conservative Democrat- actually, he considers himself an Independent now. He hates W with a purple-passion and all of his family, as he doesn't believe in sending an idiot or a crook into office. He's funny that way! Jesh! It's just the Presidency!

Now, what I can't figure out is that my dad used to enjoy listening to Rush (Drugbaugh) and cuss at the radio. I used to ask, "Dad, why do you even listen to him." He said, "Because he's entertaining. I want to hear what he says next." It's kind of like the Howard Stern/Dr Laura phenomena. I think those two should hook up.
I used to listen to Rush, as he was entertaining, but I too, would cuss at the radio and Always turned him off in disgust about 2 hours into his show. It was a daily event.....Thank goodness Portland trailblazers had a good team in the early 90s, to ween me off this odd addiction.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:24 PM

296 posts, read 803,107 times
You are spot on, sberdrow, there is money to be made from those shows and their audiences are the un-educated and the undereducated. They don’t care about what is good for the country as a whole – they are simply laughing all the way to the bank. I don’t think for one minute that Ann Coulter actually believes the rubbish that comes out of her mouth – but she knows it sells.

I too watched Rush Limbaugh on TV for about 5 minutes in the early or mid 1990s. As it happened he was asking the audience if they wanted to see a photo of the White House dog. He then proceeded to show a photo of Chelsea Clinton. Chelsea was only a young girl ( 12 or 13 perhaps) at the time. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

And this is supposed to be good for America?? How sad.

Sorry, I know this forum is about property and moving - I’ll say no more.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:43 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
[quote=McGowdog;1730838] Jesh! It's just the Presidency!QUOTE]

kinda scary statement there. Its not JUST the presidency, the person we put in charge of our country can make or break our very foundation. He is the one person we put in charge to ensure that our way of life continues, and follows the Constitution of the United States of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area