Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:42 PM

31 posts, read 87,521 times

Advertisements

I just got offered a job in Boulder. I'm wondering if there are houses/apartments in mountainy/hilly areas around there that might be good to live in. I hate flatlands! Any particular neighborhoods/burbs?

Thnx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 07:48 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,124,764 times
There are many places to live in the foothills west of Boulder: Boulder Heights, Pinebrook Hills, Sugarloaf, Sunshine Canyon, Gold Hill, Jamestown, Nederland to name a few.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:54 PM

31 posts, read 87,521 times
cool. When you say Foothills, will you be able to find, you know, windy mountainous roads and homes/apts on em?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralAdama View Post
cool. When you say Foothills, will you be able to find, you know, windy mountainous roads and homes/apts on em?
Yes.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:18 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,700,313 times
This is a more expensive lifestyle in terms of your automobile. (much more wear and tear, poor fuel economy due to high altitude, lotsa wintry driving conditions and more chance for costly accidents, etc.)

Quite a few such domiciles have steep driveways and approaching roads that pretty much necessitate a sturdy AWD/4wd vehicle or SUV.

If you are affluent enough, though, I say go for it for sure. Outstanding quality of life to be had!

Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POhdNcrzy View Post
If you are affluent enough, though, I say go for it for sure. Outstanding quality of life to be had!
LOL! It is not necessary to be "affluent" to live in the foothills.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:49 PM

1,150 posts, read 2,700,313 times
I have to say I disagree. Even the scuzzy hippies up there are either Trustafarians or dealing a lot of coke and weed (and some mushrooms and meth here and there too).

I'll agree, you don't need to be Warren Buffett affluent. Is that what you mean? In fact, what the heck are you trying to say Neditate.

Last edited by POhdNcrzy; 06-09-2009 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Gosh, I hate one sentence posts!!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:40 PM

I could ask the same thing of you... what do YOU mean by affluent?
You can disagree all you want. I LIVE HERE. You don't.
I've lived in the foothills west of Boulder for the past 12 years. No one I know is a "trustafarian". (That ridiculous stereotype really ticks me off.)
We are hard working people as are our friends and neighbors. We are managing to get by, just like everyone else.
And if you are joking around I didn't get the humor. You got me on a bad day I guess.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
I could ask the same thing of you... what do YOU mean by affluent? You can disagree all you want. I LIVE HERE. You don't.
I've lived in the foothills west of Boulder for the past 12 years. No one I know is a "trustafarian". (That ridiculous stereotype really ticks me off.)
We are hard working people as are our friends and neighbors. We are managing to get by, just like everyone else. And if you are joking around I didn't get the humor. You got me on a bad day I guess.
If there's one thing that gets in the way of good discussions, it's when some people invoke stereotypes; and there are some pernicious ones about Boulder that are flat out unfair. No doubt many people can afford Boulder just fine.

Let's all get back to helping the OP with their question. Thank you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:37 AM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,698 times
Boulder is right at the base of the mountains so you can definitely find something. Do you want to rent or buy? Renting is a little trickier just because there aren't many apartments, mainly single family houses. Anything in Boulder Canyon would be ideal. Check out the Daily Camera (Boulder paper) or craigslist for Boulder and type in "foothills" or "Boulder Canyon" or "Nederland". Those are the closest mountain areas and are all basically up Boulder Canyon. If you are willing to drive a little further, check out Lyons to the north or Coal Creek Canyon to the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area