Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 10:52 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I dont think so. At least not yet. He had a few good rounds in this fight though, but he's hardly someone who would pull in good PPV numbers.

I have to add to your comment about Marquez being a "big league" PPV guy - I have to disagree. While I thought he beat Pacman in 2 of those 3 fights, the ONLY reason he is even mentioned as a PPV person is because he's Mexican. If he were from like, Cleveland and his name was Phil NO WAY would he be a PPV fighter. NO WAY!! He's only mentioned as a PPV because the Mexicans LOVE boxing and they LOVE their countrymen. How else could you or anyone in the world explain why NO TALENT Chavez jr is on PPVs. ONLY because Aram knows that Mexicans will pay to see their guys fight. Thats it.
Hey De la hoya, margarito and plenty others still cater to their niche market- If it's money to be made, Arum and Golden Boy are going to make it-

I'm curious how Berto got a big deal as quick is he did? Haitian support maybe? He was no where near ready or battle tested and it showed when he got bodied by Vic Ortiz-

It seems like neither Peterson brother has much of a personality, or even fan base. They have a sad story being foster kids, but that seems about it-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 08:41 AM

519 posts, read 604,160 times
Poor amir Khan is still crying. First, it was the referee who caused him to lose, now it's "the man in the hat", Mustafa Ameen to blame. He wants to take a close loss and turn it into a circus. Quickly losing all respect for this guy. If he loses his appeal on the 18th and if by some chance a rematch isn't mandated (which it likely will be), I sure as hell wouldn't voluntarily give him an immediate rematch if I were Lamont Peterson. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Clean Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Old 01-12-2012, 11:16 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
No wonder American stadia have boring atmospheres! You should be a fan not a spectator!
Imagine if people also started complaining because fans stood up to see a play, cheered and clapped to loud, no healthy food in the stadium, etc. Maybe they should put a sign outside stadiums warning spectators to expect loud crowds, horns, chanting, standing up, etc. The only people I hear complaining about those things are americans. Not sure if I have heard this in other parts of the world. If you watch the game at home you can always adjust the volume, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing