Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yeah, as if Brown and Boxer (Bouncer) will be "great" for this state!
That's Senator Boxer to you! She earned that title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 02:55 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
That's Senator Boxer to you! She earned that title.
Did she "earn" that before or after she bounced all those checks?

Old 11-02-2010, 03:21 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
No one should be proud of this election.
You know, I almost voted for the Green cadidate. I didn't know anything about him and if I were to vote like that, I might as well have voted for Meg. Like I said before, in this election I want to know what I'm getting even if it's not the best. I don't want, nor do I think we need someone who does her best to remain aloof and appears to have a better relationship with another state. This was the first election since I've been able to vote that I wasn't passionate about. I did what I had to do.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I agree with you about Arnold and think he has gotten a bum rap. But Brown and Whitman are hardly "extremists" either. We don't know what extremists are like in California since all our governors [both Republican and Democratic] have been pragmatists like Ronald Reagan. I think California is actually one of the most sane and even-tempered states in the nation. Just look at states like New York, Texas, Tennessee, etc. where Tea Party nuts are creating total chaos.

We are very lucky in California to have moderate politicians and a reasonable electorate.
When I finish reading this thread I will see what others say to you. I agree but I'm sure others don't.

I agree about Arnold as well and during the recall I originally voted for him and not Gray Davis. This could have something to do with Davis and the energy crisis which hit San Diego first and hardest but I just liked Arnold better. In Ca. I sometimes will vote for republicans. I voted for Maldonado too. We are really lucky here on the west coast to have what tea party does exist mild tempered.

Last edited by Gentoo; 11-02-2010 at 03:35 PM..

Old 11-02-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Why do people who vote Republican always deny that they are Republicans?
Is this a joke? You can't be serious are you?

George W. Bush
Iraq war
Recession due to outlandish spending
Afghan War
George W. Bush
"Patriot" Act
Basically isolating the US
George W. Bush

Old 11-02-2010, 04:49 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hoping these poll results hold true tomorrow night!

Yes, I hope these poll numbers do indeed hold up.

Whitman's ultimate fate was never in doubt as far as I'm concerned. Investing an outrageous amount of money into the campaign was insane. I do believe there's a screw loose.

Apparently Whitman thinks she can just buy the office. No dice! In good times, she might have been able to buy the office. But not in this depression-like economy.

And then there's the photogenic issue. Like it or not, it IS an issue.

In a state where the "beautiful people" live, Whitman is not even average-looking. She needs a major tune-up at a plastic surgeon's office. And soon! Valve job! The works!

Like it or not, our country places a lot emphasis on looks. It's unfortunate but we do. In a media-driven environment which would play a large part in her new job, having dumpy looks is a negative. Whitman should have calculated that having dumpy looks, no less in state of California, would not work to her advantage. Hardly!

Meg, I would highly recommend Barbara Boxer's plastic surgeon. Boxer is looking like a beauty queen these days. You go girl! You've got it all. The combination of brains and beauty wins elections.

Meg, tonight I hope you're playing: 'The Little Old Lady from Pasadena.'

Old 11-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Is this a joke? You can't be serious are you?

George W. Bush
Iraq war
Recession due to outlandish spending
Afghan War
George W. Bush
"Patriot" Act
Basically isolating the US
George W. Bush
I vote for both parties, but I'll give my take. I admit to leaning to the right on foreign policy issues though.

2nd Iraq War: I agree there. Was Saddam bad? Yes. It could certainly be argued that he was hardly the biggest threat to the US though.

Recession due to outlandish spending: The bursting of the housing bubble is the cause of our recession, not outlandish spending. The factors that led to a housing bubble were a thoroughly bi-partisan effort. It involved political appointees of the executive branch as well as committees in congress. The equity loans and profit everyone was making was stimulating our economy and few politicians tried to stop it; even though the dangers of it bursting were real. Our current recession has nothing to do with any major economic policies or tax policies. It was the housing bubble bursting. BTW, Obama has already increased the national debt more than Bush did in his entire 8 years! For the record, I do think Bush was a big spender and hardly fiscally conservative.

Afghan War: Very justified. All they had to do is give up Osama and shut down Al-Queada operations and there would not have been a war there. I remember quite clearly us asking for his extradition, and only going into conflict after not getting it.

Patriot Act: Has Obama rolled back any of the Patriot act? I have mixed emotions on this. I think that advances in technology and tactics by terrorists will make a devastating attack on our soil a very real possibility. I'm talking something much worse than taking down the WTC. If that happens, expect far worse than the Patriot act. Just imagine the the reactions should a nuclear bomb actually be detonated on our soil...

Basically Isolating the US: I agree. I think he lacked the charisma to pull it off. Reagan could have done everything Bush did without the backlash.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,809 times
Quote:
Why do people who vote Republican always deny that they are Republicans?

Maybe because the word, CONSERVATIVE, has such strong, negative, stereotypes. The word, LIBERAL, is so soothing.

No doubt some of these Republicans deny that they're gay. Like we don't know. LOL!

The charade will continue until the GOP's right-wing homophobia no longer guarantees victory on election day.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:31 PM

583 posts, read 884,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I vote for both parties, but I'll give my take. I admit to leaning to the right on foreign policy issues though.
Of course, you do. You're a statist. War is a make-work project for you, and you get to pad your resume with meaningless "accomplishments."

Big government meddling in these needless wars will bankrupt this country quicker than all the much-bemoaned social programs.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHenry View Post
Of course, you do. You're a statist. War is a make-work project for you, and you get to pad your resume with meaningless "accomplishments."

Big government meddling in these needless wars will bankrupt this country quicker than all the much-bemoaned social programs.
Let me know when you gain any ground in your anarchy movement. This is why I take my role as a parent seriously. If you don't do a good job, you might raise a smart kid with a twisted mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California