Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:16 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,874,752 times

Advertisements

Congrats california, for supporting cap and trade carbon taxes. By 2020 we need to achieve 1990s carbon levels lol. Also this is going to affect any industry that emits co2 either directly or indirectly. That means if your business: emits carbon dioxide, uses electricity, uses the sewer system, uses the water system, uses automobiles then their net cost of doing business will increase. Basically, any business that uses energy will have their costs go up. Good laugh california! and you guys wonder why unemployment is 12%+, in top 5 highest unemployment rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Yesterday the San Francisco Giants beat the Texas Rangers. Tonight the people of California rejected the Texas oil companies attempt to stop global warming laws by voting No on Prop 23. Gavin Newsom said to Texas, "don't mess with California."

The California Firewall stopped the horde of Republicans at the Colorado River.
Now if they would stop the illegals at the Colo river things might balance themselves out.

Nita

Old 11-03-2010, 07:14 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,183,191 times
Thanks but no Thanks Texas! We messed with Texas not just once but twice!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,969 times
Quote:
I don't have to drive since the Gold Line takes me into Los Angeles and is currently being extended into Glendora and Pomona. Los Angeles county has devoted funds toward light rail and subways and just announced the route along Wilshire blvd into Santa Monica. We realize that car transport is no longer viable.
Well guess what? A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. which is shipped in via truck or other vehicle will get more expensive also. Just how do you think you currently get all the goods you use nowadays? How do you think your food is shipped and refrigerated? AB32 as written and if implemented, will make your current cost of living go up, way up.

Think about it. The major source of CO2 is you, and there's only one way to reduce it.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I don't have to drive since the Gold Line takes me into Los Angeles and is currently being extended into Glendora and Pomona. Los Angeles county has devoted funds toward light rail and subways and just announced the route along Wilshire blvd into Santa Monica. We realize that car transport is no longer viable.
BTW, look forward to your fare to be increased soon! Various mass transit districts have already stated this to CARB.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
BTW, after reading CA City Data, I thought the point of living here was CA's wonderful places to go to (beaches, Disneyland, Yosemite, redwoods, etc). Too bad the majority of people will no longer afford to see these things anymore.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,254,496 times
Quote:
Yesterday the San Francisco Giants beat the Texas Rangers. Tonight the people of California rejected the Texas oil companies attempt to stop global warming laws by voting No on Prop 23. Gavin Newsom said to Texas, "don't mess with California."

The California Firewall stopped the horde of Republicans at the Colorado River.
I have to ask this...

Why do YOU have all of this hate that YOU have for Texas and Texans?

Trust me sooner or later the pent up hate will kill you! You'll end up having a heart attack.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 AM

731 posts, read 1,369,697 times
I'm sure Lincecum pitched a great game in the name of Global Warming & Al Gore, much as Cliff Lee was told not to pitch around Edgar Renteria by Exxon Mobil.

The Giants have great pitching. I'm pretty sure the players have not given these other issues a second thought.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:06 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,403,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I have to ask this...

Why do YOU have all of this hate that YOU have for Texas and Texans?

Trust me sooner or later the pent up hate will kill you! You'll end up having a heart attack.
There is no hate for Texas. But when two Texas oil companies funded a proposition to stop California's global warming law it became a battle cry. Texas became a target. Then Whitman praised the Texas economy and the Texas governor, Perry; that was not a smart thing to say. Then Newsom, running for lieutenant governor, used the phrase in TV ads: "Texas oil companies; don't mess with California." Throw in the World Series and Texas got a lot of attention in California. But don't worry; it's just politics and California has a lot to deal with.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,415,708 times
Quote:
Well Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, etc are also Red but combined don't even have as many people as the city of San Diego. Half the population of California is centered in two regions: the Bay Area and Los Angeles. No one wins California unless they win in these two metro areas. It's really quite simple. Republicans are basically strongest in rural areas [farm counties] where the least amount of people live in California. They may be big counties in size but small in population. We don't count cows and chickens in our elections!
You do realize that for some what you said is too complicated to grasp right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California