Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I could care less about the rich spoiled brits. They should they take a tour of east L.A. & compton but im sure they will be shielded from that.
Our taxes don't go towards supporting them, so we have nothing to complain about.

Their wanting to travel to California is an honor to California, and will generate income for some California businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Our taxes don't go towards supporting them, so we have nothing to complain about.

Their wanting to travel to California is an honor to California, and will generate income for some California businesses.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,319 times
Quote:
I could care less about the rich spoiled brits. They should they take a tour of east L.A. & compton but im sure they will be shielded from that.
Funny how people forget the truck loads of Americans who died to be free from this royal monarch ... I echo your sentiment.. I could give a crap less about the brits and their traditions.... Traditions which echo all that was wrong w/ the world .. Heirs and Kingdoms .. Much less one that we fought to be free from.

As for them being rich, amongst the nations in trouble (broke), the UK tops the charts, then Europe, then japan, then the U.S.
Guess it doesn't stop them from parading around lavish royalty.

The United Kingdom has reached the point of budgetary desperation. As it stands now, the United Kingdom is considered by many economists to be the most indebted nation in the world. Their national debt stands at nearly £924 billion. Their public sector net debt (as shown in the chart below) is projected to reach 70.3% of GDP by 2013 - 2014

They are nothing more than a fake wallstreet glorified hedge fund over there with a public sector that has consumed the whole country.
To me, there is no such thing as royal. They are as human as anyone else on earth.. pffffttt !

Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,547,429 times
There are people at different social stratum in every culture and country. Nothing new there. Here's its the wealthy and powerful or celebrities. Don't know why everyone gets so miffed about the British royal family. Its not really much different.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:28 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I guess its the fantasy of the price who married his princess. The middletons are weathly & price william has always lived the life of luxury. Lets not forget his 85 y/o granny queen elizabeth lives in buckingham palace & has been queen for 60 yrs. She still has a say so to what goes on in jolly old england. Shes the prude of all prudes & didnt care much for princess diana.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:33 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
I guess its the fantasy of the price who married his princess. The middletons are weathly & price william has always lived the life of luxury. Lets not forget his 85 y/o granny queen elizabeth lives in buckingham palace & has been queen for 60 yrs. She still has a say so to what goes on in jolly old england. Shes the prude of all prudes & didnt care much for princess diana.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM

831 posts, read 680,667 times
I said this back then in history lessons i took back in the days and ill say it again. royals are nothing but a bunch of "Poofs". Nothing but a waste piece of garbage. cuppa tea luv?

Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
We all want to be shielded from Compton, nothing wrong with that.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I wonder if they will make a stop by Point Reyes like his Dad and Camilla did a few years ago. Jeez I can't believe I know this stuff.
That's nothin'! I clearly remember the day Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip visited Reagan at his ranch. There was a tremendous storm. Waterspots of the coast. Landslides. The Secret Service brought in Jeeps to take the royal couple up the hill to see Nancy and Ron.

Don't know where my car keys are but I remember that they fed everybody hamburgers.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Maybe they're not so bad after all. At least they chose LA out of all the other places they could go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: