Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,804,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
HHMMMM lets see. Disadvantaged how?

Free education
Free medical care
Free to break our laws
Free Food
Free money
Free clothes

The only thing that isn't free is their stupid assed choices. Being from a minority group whose forefathers worked their asses off, took advantage of the free education to better themselves and their families lot in this country, provided and took care of their families so their children could stand on their shoulders, these so called disadvantaged minorities can **** off. Let them work their asses off for a generation or two, quit ****ing like rabbits out of wedlock, having abortions and actually think about how the choices they make affect themselves and future generations. Until they do that they can all go take a flying ****ing leap out the nearest window.
I'm afraid it's not just a California thing. Heck, you can find this "free food, money, clothes, etc." stuff for the "poor, oh so pitiful poor" in Alabama, Michigan, Kentucky, Florida, etc.

I agree with what you're saying though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
The disadvantaged groups are those that are from poor communities and as a result poor school districts, typically they have parents who are very poorly educated as well. Educationally these kids weren't given the same opportunities as others...
Of course they were. Drop some Chinese kids in these schools and they get into Cal or UCLA while their peers wind up pregnant and working at Del Taco.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Trying to help disadvantaged groups is the worst form of discrimination?
From the article:
S.B. 185 would clarify whether the UC and CSU systems can consider these and other factors in an effort to recruit qualified students.

Are you saying being a minority makes them unqualified?

Or are you saying minorities are just less intelligent and need affirmative action to get them in?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
The disadvantaged groups are those that are from poor communities and as a result poor school districts, typically they have parents who are very poorly educated as well. Educationally these kids weren't given the same opportunities as others...

bull****.

I have aunt, uncles, cousins that grew up and went to some of the poorest schools in East LA and graduated college as doctors, lawyers, police officers, firemen, architects, General contractors etc.....

One thing they all had in common. They all came from two parent families that respected the wonderful opportunities that were available for them in this country. They didn't squander them by using drugs, dropping out of school, ****ing and reproducing like rabbits by having out of wedlock babies.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:20 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
That didn't take long!

I forgot! Ssomewhere in the genes is an absolute right to be the financial equal of everyone else and imbued with all the same advantages other families may have achieved through hard work and similar, self-sufficient means.

And lost the "child" reference, youngster. It makes you sound more juvenile than usual.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,090,021 times
Quote:
I have aunt, uncles, cousins that grew up and went to some of the poorest schools in East LA and graduated college as doctors, lawyers, police officers, firemen, architects, General contractors etc.....
So what? How does this refute anything I stated? You are talking about a families that are poor, but headed by good parents. Kids don't get to pick their parents and most of these kids come from bad households.

If a kid from the ghetto despite having drugged up parents, attending some of the worst schools, being exposed to consistent violence, etc still ends up getting reasonable SAT scores etc don't ya think that we should perhaps consider his scores more impressive than a kid with the same scores from a nice little suburb with great schools?

Old 07-10-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I forgot! Ssomewhere in the genes is an absolute right to be the financial equal of everyone else and imbued with all the same advantages other families may have achieved through hard work and similar, self-sufficient means.
This has nothing to do with financial equality, rather equal opportunities and a level playing field.

Kids the vast majority of the times end up in the same socioeconomic group as their parents, it has nothing to do with hard-work, instead the sorts of opportunities and knowledge the parents can give their kids.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with financial equality, rather equal opportunities and a level playing field.

Kids the vast majority of the times end up in the same socioeconomic group as their parents, it has nothing to do with hard-work, instead the sorts of opportunities and knowledge the parents can give their kids.
And equal opportunities are guaranteed at birth, right? Sounds like a form of predestination with guaranteed happy endings.

It's not real and, thankfully, never will be. Otherwise it would have a deleterious effect on that thing called incentive.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 07-10-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 07-10-2011, 11:31 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
So what? How does this refute anything I stated? You are talking about a families that are poor, but headed by good parents. Kids don't get to pick their parents and most of these kids come from bad households.

If a kid from the ghetto despite having drugged up parents, attending some of the worst schools, being exposed to consistent violence, etc still ends up getting reasonable SAT scores etc don't ya think that we should perhaps consider his scores more impressive than a kid with the same scores from a nice little suburb with great schools?
No I do not. life is about choices, as most pro abortionists like to scream about. If you make ****ty decisions that affect your progeny then that is your problem and your children's problem. No other families or their children should have to suffer for your or your parents crappy life decisions. Lots of WASPs made ****ty decisions and their future families suffered for it. They never had affirmative action. Slavery is over, civil rights for every race is the law of the land.

As a "Disadvantaged minority" quit your bitching whining and moaning. Get to work, get to school and maybe your kids and their kids will have a better lot in life than you did.

My helping hand to these people are the thousands of dollars in taxes I pay every year that my kids don't take advantage of because I send them to private school so there is even more FREE money for the disadvantaged to squander.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
If you make ****ty decisions that affect your progeny then that is your problem and your children's problem.
Right, so you believe that kids should be published for the acts, etc of their parents. I think kids, as much as possible, should be put on a level playing field.

Quote:
As a "Disadvantaged minority" quit your bitching whining and moaning. Get to work, get to school and maybe your kids and their kids will have a better lot in life than you did.
Huh? I don't recall "whining" about anything, I'm discussing affirmative action policies.

Furthermore, I've said nothing about minority groups so I'm not sure why you are mentioning it, I'm talking about disadvantaged groups which I consider to be low socioeconomic groups regardless of ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California