Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The thing I most dislike about California is...
the high cost of living 24 41.38%
the people 15 25.86%
the job market 0 0%
the crime 1 1.72%
the traffic 4 6.90%
the smog 2 3.45%
other 12 20.69%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 03:58 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
Try coming here in a "wagon" now...it's illegal to live in a wagon here, the people who really came here in wagons are turning in their graves.
It's actually not ... I have reported on this before ... one simply has to know and understand the laws and statutes and properly apply them ... no, I will not explain in detail because to do so will beg two things: 1. critical examination by authorities who could (and would likely) then close loopholes with fresh nonsense laws -- and 2. encourage overuse by the kinds of people the authorities most specifically don't like.

If you figure it out for yourself, you will also likely keep it to yourself

Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
There are three kinds of societies, bands, chieftainships and states. You live in and appreciate a state, therefore you are a statist. If you do not want to be a statist, Somalia awaits.

Conservatism is a psychological condition, based on authority worship and fear, fear very nicely manipulated by authority to keep conservatives fearful.

Liberalism is a psychological condition, based on the free thought of the individual, lack of fear, and rejection of Authority figures.
Do you reject the authority figures who levy taxes and regulate the economy?

Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Do you reject the authority figures who levy taxes and regulate the economy?
You mean "We the People"?

Old 12-12-2011, 06:08 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
It's actually not ... I have reported on this before ... one simply has to know and understand the laws and statutes and properly apply them ... no, I will not explain in detail because to do so will beg two things: 1. critical examination by authorities who could (and would likely) then close loopholes with fresh nonsense laws -- and 2. encourage overuse by the kinds of people the authorities most specifically don't like.

A sweet camper, now don't tell me you are running a 235 straight 6 in that!

Old 12-12-2011, 06:09 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembonez View Post
california.
lol

Old 12-12-2011, 07:10 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,164,063 times
Happy reading Welfare Use by Immigrant Households with Children | Center for Immigration Studies

Quote:
Thirteen years after welfare reform, the share of immigrant-headed households (legal and illegal) with a child (under age 18) using at least one welfare program continues to be very high. This is partly due to the large share of immigrants with low levels of education and their resulting low incomes — not their legal status or an unwillingness to work. The major welfare programs examined in this report include cash assistance, food assistance, Medicaid, and public and subsidized housing.
Among the findings:
  • In 2009 (based on data collected in 2010), 57 percent of households headed by an immigrant (legal and illegal) with children (under 18) used at least one welfare program, compared to 39 percent for native households with children.
  • Immigrant households’ use of welfare tends to be much higher than natives for food assistance programs and Medicaid. Their use of cash and housing programs tends to be similar to native households.
  • A large share of the welfare used by immigrant households with children is received on behalf of their U.S.-born children, who are American citizens. But even households with children comprised entirely of immigrants (no U.S.-born children) still had a welfare use rate of 56 percent in 2009.
  • Immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, even before the current recession. In 2001, 50 percent of all immigrant households with children used at least one welfare program, compared to 32 percent for natives.
  • Households with children with the highest welfare use rates are those headed by immigrants from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (75 percent), and Ecuador (70 percent). Those with the lowest use rates are from the United Kingdom (7 percent), India (19 percent), Canada (23 percent), and Korea (25 percent).
  • The states where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62 percent); Texas, California, and New York (61 percent); Pennsylvania (59 percent); Minnesota and Oregon (56 percent); and Colorado (55 percent).
  • We estimate that 52 percent of households with children headed by legal immigrants used at least one welfare program in 2009, compared to 71 percent for illegal immigrant households with children. Illegal immigrants generally receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children.
  • Illegal immigrant households with children primarily use food assistance and Medicaid, making almost no use of cash or housing assistance. In contrast, legal immigrant households tend to have relatively high use rates for every type of program.
  • High welfare use by immigrant-headed households with children is partly explained by the low education level of many immigrants. Of households headed by an immigrant who has not graduated high school, 80 percent access the welfare system, compared to 25 percent for those headed by an immigrant who has at least a bachelor’s degree.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:53 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,949,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post

I remember talking to you before about this... you figured out some local legal loophole. But for all purposes, in 99.99% cases it is illegal to live in a "wagon" anywhere in CA--even on own land, ironically-- and will result in being chased away, harassed or fined...

Old 12-12-2011, 08:06 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,949,780 times
I wonder if one conducts business from their van/RV would it make it easier to park legally? Say, if you're parked where parking is allowed by law and you're "working" at night (waiting for customer being on call, for example??)--they can't claim you're "sleeping" I mean, or even "residing", if it's your mobile office and you have a legal address somewhere else. This country should applaud hardworking people who work 24-7 to get rich like the bankers, I mean!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
I miss
Winter
Knockoutking
Gooning
The green line late at night
In other words i miss Chicago

Old 12-12-2011, 08:25 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxiz View Post
I remember talking to you before about this... you figured out some local legal loophole. But for all purposes, in 99.99% cases it is illegal to live in a "wagon" anywhere in CA--even on own land, ironically-- and will result in being chased away, harassed or fined...
No, it is NOT illegal to live in your van 99.99% of the time and cases ... you can legally spend as much time in your van as you want ... most anywhere ... just a couple of cheap tricks ... and that's really all I'm gonna say more ... except, don't keep thinking out loud on the forum about it because I can see you are persistent and somewhat obsessive which means you might actually figure out a couple of the angles (Yes, Virginia, there IS more than one way to skin a cat) ... If you have a 'eureka!' moment -- a great epiphany -- keep it to yourself and laugh gleefully ... see you on the streets

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California