Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,547 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Patterson or Newman very soon. (job in Patterson) I really need to know ANY info about the schools and crime (gang activity). Is it that bad????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,896,208 times
You might have better response if you ask this on the general California thread. Patterson and Newman are so far from the Sacramento region, that you just don't have enough people here with enough relevant first hand information.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:44 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
You might have better response if you ask this on the general California thread. Patterson and Newman are so far from the Sacramento region, that you just don't have enough people here with enough relevant first hand information.
I don't think it would matter what category it was in, no one really knows about Patterson, let alone Newman. I grew up in Crows Landing, in between the two. I hate being negative, but this is not a fun place to be. Patterson and Newman gangs are becoming bigger and bigger. The nearest Target is 20-30 minutes away. The biggest thing in both is probably the grocery store. I guess the best part about Patterson is easy freeway access. The economy really hit the central valley and these two towns hard, they grew so fast and now are paying for it. They have the problems of a big town in a smaller area, so more problems. My parents still live there, and I do have a soft spot for the area, but could never, ever live there again.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:00 AM

3 posts, read 11,363 times
Are you kidding me!! Gangs in Patterson???? I dont think so! Patterson is not MODESTO!! Maybe you will see wanna bees but no actual gang members in Patterson. Just read the Patterson Irrigator newspaper. You will most likely never read an article about Gangs or Violent crimes in Patterson. It was a bit bad in 2006 - 2008 but with all the bay area folks moving out of town due to foreclosures the town has returned to its charm. Come and visit the area and see for yourself. Visit the farmers market and talk to the Patterson folks and eat at a resturant and ask the business owners about the town. Also visit the local Sheriff and they will tell you if the city is dangerous or not. Newman is way out in the sticks with very limited shops and resturants. Patterson is a great town. Feel free to contact me if you need more information.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:58 PM

99 posts, read 231,869 times
"Newman is way out in the sticks with very limited shops and restaurants."

Huh?

Actually been to Newman?

Or art thou merely delusional?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:45 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
I used to boonie camp on the Delta/Mendota Canal & CA Aquaduct, in my ol' class C motorhome, in the area from Tracy to Firebaugh. Have many great memories of catchin catfish & Striped Bass, with friends who were also campin'. Watched heat lightning in the distance over toward Modesto.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,813 times
Default Moving to Patterson??

Hello all! My family and I are seriously contemplating moving to Patterson this fall. We recently drove there and spent the day driving around the neighborhoods and going through open houses. I am a bit concerned about gangs and the amount of sex offenders. Because the town is so small they seem to be bunched together. Can anyone offer some insight on how they like or dislike living in Patterson? Any tips would be helpful

Last edited by elnina; 06-15-2013 at 01:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California