Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohboywhatamess View Post
How childish of you.
I am sorry, who asked who to do their homework for them?

Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM

82 posts, read 131,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I am sorry, who asked who to do their homework for them?
You say that because you can't come up with anything to substantiate what you posted.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
You say that because you can't come up with anything to substantiate what you posted.
Speaking of childish, look, it took me a minute to find the data, I imagine a smart young lad like you could do it in half the time.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:49 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
He and I [almost] never agree when it comes to politics, but I'd bet good money that if he posted it, it was verifiable.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,742,365 times
No one lives in North Dakota so why wouldn't it be the best run state?

Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Oh, but all that land for public recreation.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
No one lives in North Dakota so why wouldn't it be the best run state?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Oh, but all that land for public recreation.
2,187,410 acres of public land in ND.

42,288,380 acres of public land in CA.

Now, Fargobound seems to think that disparity is a joke. But, he voluntarily moved east of the 100th Meridian, which really puts him out of the public land equation.

That someone would voluntarily live without mountains and deserts,, hoo hee, As Ed would say,

"“One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”
― Edward Abbey

Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
2,187,410 acres of public land in ND.

42,288,380 acres of public land in CA.

Now, Fargobound seems to think that disparity is a joke.
You have yet to draw any correlation to between anything with your public land access percentages to anything worthwhile that helps a majority of Californians. It seems to be your latest talking point to wash out: failed budgets, schools, economic and social policies.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
You have yet to draw any correlation to between anything with your public land access percentages to anything worthwhile that helps a majority of Californians. It seems to be your latest talking point to wash out: failed budgets, schools, economic and social policies.
Are we having this argument again? I feel like we JUST had it.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
You have yet to draw any correlation to between anything with your public land access percentages to anything worthwhile that helps a majority of Californians. It seems to be your latest talking point to wash out:.
A. failed budgets, schools, economic and social policies, is really just a canard of the right, most people get up in the morning, go to work, have a life.

B. Wilderness Recreation, nationally is a 35 billion dollar per year industry.

C. "DENVER, May 22, 2012 – A new report shows that conserving the Rocky Mountain West's vast tracts of public lands has paid off in job, population and income growth as fishing, hunting and outdoor recreation have diversified and helped sustain the economies of rural communities throughout the region.

The report released Tuesday by Sportsmen for Responsible Energy Development also stresses that conserving public lands buoys local economies by drawing retirees, business owners and professionals seeking a high quality of life.

"Conserving Lands and Prosperity: Seeking a Balance Between Conservation and Development in the Rocky Mountain West" shows that areas with higher percentages of lands managed for conservation and recreation experience higher job and population growth and report higher per capita incomes than other areas."

Public land is economically valuable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California