Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 09:12 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,083,624 times

Advertisements

Born in the East Bay of the Bay Area. Currently live in the North Bay. Lived in the Bay Area all my life. Will be leaving California in the spring time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 10:16 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,798,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Cause it is true.. in at least the places that matter, etc.
What???

Old 11-22-2015, 12:06 AM

774 posts, read 1,859,466 times
Default Jealous over "Native"??

Hmmm... I detect a bit of jealousy about "Native California."

We are awesome, aren't we!?!
We created a place and a culture much of the world wants to live in. (TOO MUCH.)
Before the International Corporate concerns grabbed the reigns, we led the nation and much of the world in innovative thinking, products, and services. We were one of the most CReaTive places on the planet.

We weren't even chauvinistic about it. We actually LIKED multi-culturalism. Well... HALF of us did. The rest moved out to Concord or up to Redding or down to "Conservative" enclaves like Semi Valley.

This ... background .... is why being a Native Californian is important.
We can still influence the mood of what made California good.

We were also naive.
It always shocked me how these hordes of "new comers" didn't want to be friendly and "play." ((chuckle))

Sadly, history's tea leaves tells the story of invasion.
People who came with "Columbus" type attitudes gradually created a colder, more hostile environment.
When I first read Christopher Columbus' words... it clicked:
"They ... brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells. They willingly traded everything they owned... . They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features.... They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane... . They would make fine servants.... With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."
Suddenly, in the land where the Pacific Rim ends, HORDES of grim, sour-faced people were making statements like, "We've come to take our land back".... and, "THIS is NOT the way we do it in Brooklyn," and ... We __(fill in the blank) ----ease__ people are better than ALL of yOu!

The narcissism of Gen X and Gen NEXT didn't help..
But I've noticed, that as time has changed and Gentrification is finally showing SOME that playing the crab barrel, competition, back-stabbing game only works for the Super Rich, the feel of the air is a bit more relaxed and gradually becoming less hostile again.

So, don't begrudge the natives.
And I hope more will stop volunteering for roles in the, "Divide and Conquer" game.
(It simply doesn't work for the masses.).. regardless of present income... because we've seen waves rise and bust, over and over again.

Have a nice day!

Old 11-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
Hmmm... I detect a bit of jealousy about "Native California."

We are awesome, aren't we!?!
We created a place and a culture much of the world wants to live in. (TOO MUCH.)
Before the International Corporate concerns grabbed the reigns, we led the nation and much of the world in innovative thinking, products, and services. We were one of the most CReaTive places on the planet.

We weren't even chauvinistic about it. We actually LIKED multi-culturalism. Well... HALF of us did. The rest moved out to Concord or up to Redding or down to "Conservative" enclaves like Semi Valley.

This ... background .... is why being a Native Californian is important.
We can still influence the mood of what made California good.

We were also naive.
It always shocked me how these hordes of "new comers" didn't want to be friendly and "play." ((chuckle))

Sadly, history's tea leaves tells the story of invasion.
People who came with "Columbus" type attitudes gradually created a colder, more hostile environment.
When I first read Christopher Columbus' words... it clicked:
"They ... brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells. They willingly traded everything they owned... . They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features.... They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane... . They would make fine servants.... With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."
Suddenly, in the land where the Pacific Rim ends, HORDES of grim, sour-faced people were making statements like, "We've come to take our land back".... and, "THIS is NOT the way we do it in Brooklyn," and ... We __(fill in the blank) ----ease__ people are better than ALL of yOu!

The narcissism of Gen X and Gen NEXT didn't help..
But I've noticed, that as time has changed and Gentrification is finally showing SOME that playing the crab barrel, competition, back-stabbing game only works for the Super Rich, the feel of the air is a bit more relaxed and gradually becoming less hostile again.

So, don't begrudge the natives.
And I hope more will stop volunteering for roles in the, "Divide and Conquer" game.
(It simply doesn't work for the masses.).. regardless of present income... because we've seen waves rise and bust, over and over again.

Have a nice day!
Meh. I'm a conservative "brown" guy, and I don't like multi-culturalism. It's nothing more than a sham.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:54 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,861,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
Meh. I'm a conservative "brown" guy, and I don't like multi-culturalism. It's nothing more than a sham.
Mono-culturalism would be preferable? Kind of difficult to achieve in the world's melting pot, unless we're going for one race, one religion, one political party, etc. Which is exactly what we and our allies are supposed to be fighting against.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:18 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,671,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
In "places that matter", the entire population is from somewhere else? Shall we query re: the research methods used to arrive at this conclusion?
..SF and L.A. proper.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Mono-culturalism would be preferable? Kind of difficult to achieve in the world's melting pot, unless we're going for one race, one religion, one political party, etc. Which is exactly what we and our allies are supposed to be fighting against.
I originate from a culture that's a mix of many things (Mexican). And this is proven in my ethno-genetic composition (I did a 23andme test and I got 50% Amerindian, 46% European, and 4% Black). However, the culture isn't multi-cultural and the people in said culture actually FEEL and KNOW they are a part of the soup. Meanwhile in the U.S., the U.S has drank the multi-culturalism kool-aid but people know deep down that they can't go against human nature. We are tribalistic and we always seek to be with the people we look and think alike.

The sooner we recognize human nature, the sooner we can improve life. That won't ever happen with leftists as leftists never think rationally and honestly. If they did, they would be right wingers.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:09 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,861,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez765 View Post
I originate from a culture that's a mix of many things (Mexican). And this is proven in my ethno-genetic composition (I did a 23andme test and I got 50% Amerindian, 46% European, and 4% Black). However, the culture isn't multi-cultural and the people in said culture actually FEEL and KNOW they are a part of the soup. Meanwhile in the U.S., the U.S has drank the multi-culturalism kool-aid but people know deep down that they can't go against human nature. We are tribalistic and we always seek to be with the people we look and think alike.

The sooner we recognize human nature, the sooner we can improve life. That won't ever happen with leftists as leftists never think rationally and honestly. If they did, they would be right wingers.
Right wingers think rationally and honestly? Care to review your Glenn Becks, Sean Hannitys, Nixon, Cheney, Palin, Coulter, Trump, Carson...and on and on. Not rational, not logical, dumb as rocks, slinging BS to take money from trailer sheep.
The sooner you recognize your silly "human nature" tripe is actually a solitary opinion, the sooner we can get back to the point of this thread, having something to do with natives of the heathen state from Hell that will destroy all of humanity.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:19 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,049,796 times
Quote:
That is what ISIS is going for. Me, not so much.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:53 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,816,432 times
Default My journey

I moved to the San Francisco Peninsula in 2011 from Kentucky--from the Lexington area, via the Northern Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati.

I lived for two years on the peninsula. After that, I've lived for:
  • Eleven months in Orange County for graduate school.
  • Four months in the Netherlands for more school.
  • Three months in my new spot back in California, Santa Clarita, finishing school (driving to both OC and West L.A. for classes) and enjoying life in an almost-mansion.
  • Five months in North County San Diego, possibly the least favorite place I've lived (in the running with Louisville, KY).
  • Six weeks back along the LA County/OC line, doing the couch surfing thing, working a temp gig, and looking for full-time work.
  • Just over one month now in the Modesto area; took a very ideal job offer coincidentally as I was nearing the end of my savings and available credit card limits.

So yeah, it's been quite a journey. And, so far, Modesto is working out quite nicely IMO, even for this 29 year-old, single male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California