Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 09:12 AM

256 posts, read 541,496 times

Advertisements

I've posted this before but then I was testing the waters but now I am sure California is the place. I never lived here but Since I was a kid always came here and been to every part of the state and I just feel like a Californian but from the Great PNW.

Why am I moving - I lived in Oregon and Washington for basically my whole life. I love it here but need a change. The weather is getting on to me and I need a change and after looking through many states and other things California is the place.

Cost/Job - Right now I have a average office day job but I do have independent projects that I am trying to start up. I can stay afloat for around 3-4 months and I should get a job by then. I can afford 300,000 - 450,000 max

Weather - Dry is a must This is the key reason I am leaving Seattle. I can Handle pure heat but not so good with humidity.

Outdoor activity - I love the beach. As a kid going to Huntington Beach was a dream and everytime I been there it was great and was always a dream place to live as I love everything about it. Just need to know is it in my range.

Crime - I do not want a high crime ghetto but some crime is not going to ruin me. I know Long Beach is cheaper than Huntington and I now there is some crime but I lived in Tacoma and I loved that city yet there was some crime. Do not want a ghetto but if there is crime it wont really matter.

Attitude - This is another key. I am a moderate guy and most of the time respect both sides of a issue. In Seattle though it is in your face in their beliefs and I can not stand it. Need somewhere where people do not talk about politics or at least I normal dudes that can have a decent conversation. The Los Angeles area I believe has the same problem and that is why I looked at San Diego. Areas that have the in your face attitude are a no go for me.

Thanks for your help. Anywhere is a LA/SD area would be awesome and within a 20 minutes of the beach since I would consider myself a beach culture type of guy. Any other areas that I did not mention that you would recommend would be very nice.

Also I heard all about California's problems and I know about traffic and stuff but I do not care because by the end of the year I will be in California =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 09:43 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downnice View Post
I am a moderate guy and most of the time respect both sides of a issue. In Seattle though it is in your face in their beliefs and I can not stand it. Need somewhere where people do not talk about politics or at least I normal dudes that can have a decent conversation. The Los Angeles area I believe has the same problem and that is why I looked at San Diego. Areas that have the in your face attitude are a no go for me.
Is "moderate" code for Republican?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM

256 posts, read 541,496 times
If anything I lean left because of Civil Liberties and Social Issues but lean republican with economic issues

Like I said I do not really care about politics

Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM

23 posts, read 19,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Is "moderate" code for Republican?
No. One can happily be a moderate Democrat. Or independent yet moderate on the American political scene. OP may have to look on the Central Coast for his price range and criteria however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California