Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 11:08 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,290,451 times

Advertisements

Because liberal's want more and want others to pay for it. Its a simple issue in California. Yet, no liberal want to admit it. Let us see, someone should be taxed more, then their next door neighbor to pay for essential services. And, guess what? Look at the cities which have Mello-Roos. MOST have passed an "assessment" tax, ABOVE that to pay for public safety.

Mello-Roos goes to pay for liberal social welfare programs and the limp wrists in this state, LOVE IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 06:00 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,879,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I believe Government should not be in the place of displacing people simply due to the actions of others.

I've seen it first hand in Washington State where taxes went up 80% in one area simply because some fool paid a huge price for some waterfront land with big plans... it affected everyone in the area... sad thing is the guy lost it all when the bubble burst in Real Estate... it's almost like arbitrage.

Think about it... cars are taxed on value at the time of purchase... makes no difference if the value increases... the tax declines.

People have a choice to buy at a price or not... why should real estate be different and my home be subject to the whim of others?

Besides... people are able to move and downsize and retain Prop 13... so people are not locked into a home just for taxes if they retire and desire to downsize.

Even with Prop 13... homes in my part of East Oakland dropped as much as 75 to 80%... the home next to me sold for 510k in 2007 and in 2009 the bank sold it for 105k and in 2011 it sold for 200k.

Without Prop 13... my 250k assessment would have doubled to 510k because some fool was willing to pay that with almost 100% financing...

I'm thankful each day that those that came before me passed Prop 13 and the US Supreme Court has upheld it.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,879,488 times
Phil306 wrote:
Quote:
Mello-Roos goes to pay for liberal social welfare programs and the limp wrists in this state, LOVE IT.
Which programs would those be???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California