Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 08:00 PM

174 posts, read 255,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
I am a latino and it doesn't matter what kind of latino we are talking about but almost all prefer white partners, both males and females, blondes are even more loved. In any spanish speaking country, white is seen as royalty and the darker your skin the poorer you are. Latinos love white women whether they admit it or not, most, there are some small outliers but whether it is some immigrant from mexico or some gangster macho guy from compton, Latinos like white women.
True
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 08:56 PM

43 posts, read 55,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJudge View Post
Latinas come in all shades. You don't sound very open minded. Besides we're not talking about you or your home country, we're talking about California, USA. It's different here. You asked. We told you. Accept it and move on. Latino men prefer Latinas in CA. Too bad it's not what you wanted to hear.
they may prefer latinas to some extent but prefer white women equally as much if not more, that is the fact. I am familiar with latino culture and given that white women are promoted a lot in both american and latino media, I know what I am talking about. Move on and go post about something you do have knowledge of.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:09 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Yeah I am starting to realize it now after being here for a few months of being here. It's too bad that it is like that. I would expect CA out of all places to be pretty relaxed when it comes to gays and other ethnic groups, but I can OC is an exception to that rule. That's a shame.
Well, CA is a very large place that's pushing 40 million people. Only 34 countries have more people than that so with that combination of big land area and big population, you're going to get all types of local cultures. This is why this thread is hard for any of us CA natives to properly respond; CA is different depending on where one lives. A person who lives in Oakland would think you're crazy for suggesting that CA isn't tolerant. On the other hand, someone from Orange County who has their eyes open would agree with you 100%.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're talking nonsense. White women are in short supply in the San Francisco Bay Area? In San Francisco proper? Clearly, you've never been there. You're trying to twist reality to match your theory, and it's not working. Why don't you just relax about this whole thing (which may be difficult to do in Florida), and move to someplace where people don't care about race? Like....the SF Bay Area?
I was thinking that too. he even said blondes weren't that common in socal. Could have fooled me. I, as a black man and only an average looking one at that have mostly dated blonde women in socal, San Diego nonetheless where I don't always put on the most positive attitude but I also know not to go to far and carry a chip on my shoulder.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:22 PM

600 posts, read 825,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Well, CA is a very large place that's pushing 40 million people. Only 34 countries have more people than that so with that combination of big land area and big population, you're going to get all types of local cultures. This is why this thread is hard for any of us CA natives to properly respond; CA is different depending on where one lives. A person who lives in Oakland would think you're crazy for suggesting that CA isn't tolerant. On the other hand, someone from Orange County who has their eyes open would agree with you 100%.
Yeah, I understand the state is very large and the atmosphere is different depending on where you go, just somewhat surprising about OC. I guess I learned something new.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:52 PM

43 posts, read 55,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I was thinking that too. he even said blondes weren't that common in socal. Could have fooled me. I, as a black man and only an average looking one at that have mostly dated blonde women in socal, San Diego nonetheless where I don't always put on the most positive attitude but I also know not to go to far and carry a chip on my shoulder.
that was my point exactly, black and white men are able to date who they wish in california but I bet right now you haven't seen an asian, brown latino, or persian guy with a blonde woman ever in CA. For some reason, especially in OC and a lot of CA, black men are admired and respected due to being rare. Black men are seen more as a novelty which is what Eliot Rodger even mentioned in his manifesto. On the other hand, a latino or asian guy trying to get blonde women in California is screwed no matter what. I was wondering myself why it is much more common to see black men with blonde white women in California as opposed to seeing latinos and asian men with blonde white women even though latino and asian men are so much more common in the state.

I almost get the impression that white women in CA avoid asian and latino men.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 PM

From my own experience it's not just CA. In general it is very rare. I can count on one hand the number of Asian male white female couples I have seen in real life. It's just not common.

White men and Asian women though I have seen more often .

Old 07-19-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
Yeah, I understand the state is very large and the atmosphere is different depending on where you go, just somewhat surprising about OC. I guess I learned something new.
Other areas along the coast that are also conservative include most of the San Gabriel Valley despite the rest of LA county being liberal. Also, inland areas of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. The former often is in the top five of most liberal counties in the country and is the county that contains Berkeley and Oakland, two of the most liberal cities in the country.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
that was my point exactly, black and white men are able to date who they wish in california but I bet right now you haven't seen an asian, brown latino, or persian guy with a blonde woman ever in CA. For some reason, especially in OC and a lot of CA, black men are admired and respected due to being rare. Black men are seen more as a novelty which is what Eliot Rodger even mentioned in his manifesto. On the other hand, a latino or asian guy trying to get blonde women in California is screwed no matter what. I was wondering myself why it is much more common to see black men with blonde white women in California as opposed to seeing latinos and asian men with blonde white women even though latino and asian men are so much more common in the state.

I almost get the impression that white women in CA avoid asian and latino men.
Errr, I don't know about all this. Some of the blonde women I've dated have dated Latino men before and after me. In the San Diego area, Latino men are actually the preferred minority men for white women. As far as black men having what we want...um...no. I always seem to end up with a certain type of white female. Sometimes a certain type of black female. Latina women, never dated but have flirted with a lot. Asian women, most of the time, look right through me. The only one I can remember who was interested was when I was in Oakland but I was taken at the time. We certainly don't have it as easy as you think. It's all in your attitude and how you present yourself and if you're respectful and responsible, you'd be surprised at the attention you'd get.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:04 AM

Looks like the areas up north are the ones that are more liberal based on these 2012 results.

California Election Results 2012 - Map, County Results, Live Updates - POLITICO.com

is this pretty accurate ? OC is Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California