Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 11:31 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,362,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGen SFan View Post
Hmm, come to think of it, I can't recall ever seeing a white female-Asian male couple here in the SF Bay Area in my entire life. The phenomenon is a weird mystery and someone ought to make it into a modern Twilight Zone episode.
I'm in the Bay Area and know several white female-asian male couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 11:37 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando1984 View Post
How about other minority groups such as asians, persians, and whatever isn't black or white?
Dude, Persians are white people. Just fyi.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:51 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,261,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Blondes, blondes, blondes. Half of y'all refer to them as if they're a separate breed and most of them are bottle blondes anyway.
And, some of those "blondes" might be of the same ethnicity as Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj or even Ayumi Hamasaki.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:04 PM

43 posts, read 55,602 times
I obviously meant blonde white women, it is used to refer to blonde white women.

And no, Latinos in CA do prefer white women, latinos do not change whether we are in CA or NY. A lot of latino men date latina or women that are say black due to what is available. White women are still the most desired by almost all latino men.

Old 07-20-2014, 03:25 PM

9 posts, read 15,307 times
I think this is a generational issue. Younger Asian-Americans are dating out at similar rates; whereas, amongst the older generation, you would mostly see Asian women with White men.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:27 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,847,416 times
Is it not folly to humor someone who is getting his dating information from Eliot Rogers' manifesto? Beyond objectification, really.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:11 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,398,000 times
Quote:
I obviously meant blonde white women, it is used to refer to blonde white women.

And no, Latinos in CA do prefer white women, latinos do not change whether we are in CA or NY. A lot of latino men date latina or women that are say black due to what is available. White women are still the most desired by almost all latino men.
the bold part is completely untrue. Latinos aren't even all the same between Northern and Southern California. In California, especially Southern California, Latinos tend to prefer their own.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:46 PM

9 posts, read 15,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
I'm in the Bay Area and know several white female-asian male couples.
What age group do they belong to?

Old 07-20-2014, 09:25 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC177 View Post
What age group do they belong to?
I know Asian male-white female couples who are in their 40's and have kids. They've been together since their student days or their 20's. It's not as unusual as people think. I've seen this in Seattle, and in the Bay Area, both.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:42 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Quote:
that was my point exactly, black and white men are able to date who they wish in california but I bet right now you haven't seen an asian, brown latino, or persian guy with a blonde woman ever in CA. For some reason, especially in OC and a lot of CA, black men are admired and respected due to being rare. Black men are seen more as a novelty which is what Eliot Rodger even mentioned in his manifesto. On the other hand, a latino or asian guy trying to get blonde women in California is screwed no matter what. I was wondering myself why it is much more common to see black men with blonde white women in California as opposed to seeing latinos and asian men with blonde white women even though latino and asian men are so much more common in the state.

I almost get the impression that white women in CA avoid asian and latino men.
Tell this to my friends who just got engaged. White chick (blonde haired, blue eyes) and Asian guy (1st generation Chinese American). They are both from CA btw, born and raised. Some people aren't as hung up on race as others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California