Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertomarry View Post
Are you guys here to help or to make fun of a situation? I asked for helpful advice and not smart ass comments. If you cannot help with 'good' mature advice then refrain from answering.
Can't get too mad opening a troll thread and getting heckled for it.

Because the original post cannot be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 06:44 PM

596 posts, read 982,855 times
Quote:
where do you think i could go to live with 4 dogs and one child? i cannot afford much. I have to find a new job where ever i intend to stay. But my 4 dogs are my priority. Any suggestions for california? It is pretty urgent.

California is a very small area and your options in it are limited. You need to expand your search to North America, if not the Western Hemisphere.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:56 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
4 dogs.......good luck renting anything!

And if you have a Blockheadbull........well, no sane person will rent to you.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Are you guys here to help or to make fun of a situation? I asked for helpful advice and not smart ass comments. If you cannot help with 'good' mature advice then refrain from answering.

Perhaps the tone would have been different had you initially stated your child is your priority not your dogs.
You set the tone for this play date with your own written words.

Personally I have never heard of any landlord agreeing to a rental with so many animals so I am not sure you will actually find a place.
You may have to keep the child and give up the dogs.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
It will be real tough, many cities have limits on how many dogs you can have without a kennel permit, it's usually no more than 3 and it's tough to find a landlord who will take one dog, and Nevada is no better than California for that, maybe try another state that is more tolerant of dogs?

Old 08-21-2014, 12:11 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,044,110 times
I am shocked that anybody is taking the original post seriously.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:28 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,044,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
I am shocked that anybody is taking the original post seriously.
A win for the 'normal' posters !! OP created an account, first post was so over the top it smelled of poo, she only posted 2 posts total, and she hasn't logged back in since two days after OP.

Woo Hoo! I declare victory!

Old 01-01-2016, 02:10 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Find two more household members, then tell the landlord they're all service dogs (one for each of you). And they'll have to let you all keep them.

I suggest you find two household members with jobs.
Actually , unless they have OBVIOUS disabilities, the landlord can ask for proof. From the FEHA law:

When the disability or need for reasonable accommodation is not obvious, a landlord may ask the person with a disability for documentation that he or she has a disability and a disability-related need for the service dog or support animal. The tenant or boarder must then provide the landlord with reasonable medical documentation from a health care provider that confirms the existence of the disability and the need for reasonable accommodation.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:58 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Actually , unless they have OBVIOUS disabilities, the landlord can ask for proof. From the FEHA law:

When the disability or need for reasonable accommodation is not obvious, a landlord may ask the person with a disability for documentation that he or she has a disability and a disability-related need for the service dog or support animal. The tenant or boarder must then provide the landlord with reasonable medical documentation from a health care provider that confirms the existence of the disability and the need for reasonable accommodation.
Sorry but you are mistaken. Federal law, in this case ADA Title II, supersedes any state laws. From the ADA Title II:
Quote:
A. In situations where it is not obvious that the dog is a service animal, staff may ask only two specific questions: (1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? and (2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform? Staff are not allowed to request any documentation for the dog, require that the dog demonstrate its task, or inquire about the nature of the person's disability.
http://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html

Old 01-01-2016, 08:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Nothing at all to do with OP but I'll repeat myself by saying people who rent and don't have much money, or are on their own for the first time, HAVE NO BUSINESS ADOPTING PETS!!!!!

I see this happen all the time! Someone get's enough $ together to rent a place with their friend and first thing is go get a dog. Often before the first rent payment is due. Sure, people can fall upon hard times well after getting a pet, but to start out with one when they haven't established themselves yet is stupid. Yes, I called a lot of people stupid just then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California