Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:36 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,543,738 times

Advertisements

An eye opening look at how much we really pay for everything from sales tax and gas tax to transportation and fines.

Comparison of Unaffordable California business and tax climate to U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 02:07 PM

19,229 posts, read 16,748,952 times
Why a new thread on the same old complaint, mbell? Why not just post it on the other one you started.

CA is the 5th worst state in getting value for your money

Old 02-16-2015, 03:04 PM

256 posts, read 321,546 times
This article is long on complaints, but short on solutions.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlloyd87 View Post
This article is long on complaints, but short on solutions.
Thats because there are no easy answers. Anyone who has solutions to these problems should instantly become governor.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:08 PM

462 posts, read 742,656 times
Have u considered moving to another state mbell? I think this whole issue has gotten to the point where "it is what it is"

Old 02-16-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson502 View Post
Have u considered moving to another state mbell? I think this whole issue has gotten to the point where its "it is what it is"
Yes I have. Strongly considered it in fact. However, personal issues like my mother's health for one have kept me here. If it were not for some of these things, I would have been long gone. Ideally, I would like CA to return to how it was when I was younger. I know its unrealistic to expect it to be cheap, but many of the things on this list can be addressed. There is no reason for it to be so insanely expensive here and getting worse.

Old 02-16-2015, 03:35 PM

8,220 posts, read 16,729,558 times
You're stuck, frustrated you can't buy that house you feel entitled to by virtue of being American. Any ideas in how to improve your situation since leaving CA is out of the question with your mom? Do you think owning that home would solve your current problems within CA? If so how about a more affordable part of CA or a border state like AZ? Certainly remaining frustrated is not the best way to live day in, day out, like this.

What's your price range?

Derek

Old 02-16-2015, 03:48 PM

30,906 posts, read 37,017,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Thats because there are no easy answers.
Agreed. You can have a solution that benefits the majority, but ultimately you can't solve a problem without stepping on someone's toes. The people with the most power prevail.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
You're stuck, frustrated you can't buy that house you feel entitled to by virtue of being American. Any ideas in how to improve your situation since leaving CA is out of the question with your mom? Do you think owning that home would solve your current problems within CA? If so how about a more affordable part of CA or a border state like AZ? Certainly remaining frustrated is not the best way to live day in, day out, like this.

What's your price range?

Derek
Its a love/hate thing with CA really. I do own a home here right now, so thats also a tricky situation with moving out of state.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:27 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,670,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Its a love/hate thing with CA really. I do own a home here right now, so thats also a tricky situation with moving out of state.
What's so tricky about selling a home? And why are you looking for apartments for you elderly mother in OC and complaining about the costs? Where is she now?

You're on another thread complaining about the high COL and finding an apt for your mother, well if she is moving, than move her out of state and you go with her.

Because you contradict yourself. If you hate CA so much than find a place for mom in AZ or ID and join her.

You say love/hate, but all you post is hate.

You do nothing but bash CA all the time. Sell the house and go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California