Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2020, 06:57 AM

456 posts, read 241,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
ok, here's a proposition for you, if I agree with everything you say will you quit posting in the California forum?
It is an opinion forum. I will honestly post in any forum regardless of what one hopes or thinks. I couldn't care less if you agree. Just want correct info posted.

We have a lot of people that will be doing their taxes in the next 60 days. They will be pleasantly surprised on the federal side as they will have a tax liability slightly lower in most cases. Good for them and I hope they can go out and enjoy what CA offers that many states do not with the little extra money they might take home now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 07:09 AM

26,785 posts, read 26,907,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
... you, the Wizard Bolanders behind the curtain, have decided CD California forum is so egregious and a top-of-list of offender that this is where you make your stand: spreading revelation about tax differences between California and Texas?
Thank you for my laugh of the day. (And I love the visual.)

Old 01-14-2020, 07:40 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,375,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolanders View Post
I couldn't care less if you agree.
You care, that's obvious.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:44 AM

456 posts, read 241,307 times
Quote:
You care, that's obvious.
No actually I don't. If you put misinformation I will correct it. If you want to continue to put misinformation go right ahead. You don't ever have to agree. I do certainly hope you get you taxes in order and don't have to pay more than you should so you can see a slight improvement in what you take home.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:28 AM

216 posts, read 128,645 times
Quote:
No actually I don't. If you put misinformation I will correct it. If you want to continue to put misinformation go right ahead. You don't ever have to agree. I do certainly hope you get you taxes in order and don't have to pay more than you should so you can see a slight improvement in what you take home.
ROFL. Yeah that's why you've posted over 120 times in a few weeks on the California forum. Because you don't care.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:31 AM

21,771 posts, read 16,420,821 times
Quote:
Who woulda thought you would more obsessed with me than you are that Trump is ending the world?

Thank you for pointing out that you rant about far more, for far longer .

I guess you are correct that people are satisfied with mediocrity. I simply expect more. I guess that’s why I would consider living on a tiny boat in San Diego by myself with only a dog with nothing but my crazy thoughts about Trump as a complete failure. To each his own

Most of us figured out with this new tax plan we all have more money in our pockets and many also figured out there is a world outside of CA where life is a lot better and a lot easier. For the few who can't figure out how to pay lower taxes with the new tax policy or how to get the same lifestyle at 1/3 or 1/4 of the costs continue with the Stockholm Syndrome where CA holds you hostage. Between that and TDS it must be a nightmare
“Obsessed” with you? Lmao. Um, amused, not obsessed.

I see you have looked me up a bit to see what you can find to try to ridicule. But 14,000 posts are a lot to browse ... so you have a short - and very incomplete - list. We’re discussing tax reform, and you are babbling incessantly about it, claiming your concern is educating readers in general over their ignorances ... and assailing other posters who contribute falsehoods. As I wrote previously: what an odd topic and place to take such a principled stand in a world of deception ... especially considering your vociferous support of a president, behind these tax breaks, who is among history’s greatest charlatans and demagogues. Too funny.

To clear up your personal assault in context: I don’t rant, I contribute. But that aside, I live alone on a boat by choice, with a dog, by choice, not necessity. I am a self-educated high-school dropout, retired enlisted military war veteran who then ran a small blue collar business for a second career until retirement. Back in the 1970’s I made a gamble investment on a tip from someone who struck me as knowing what he was talking about. It resulted it what I consider a ridiculous amount of money over the years since ... wealth I never sought and which I still consider unimportant in respect to what is really important in life: character, sacrifice, service, loyalty and love of family and fellow man and nation ... those sorts of things ... essentials I was raised with but which were especially forged in service with men and women who suffered and died under very difficult circumstances.

So, when I read endless drivel about taxes saved, and large square footage house plans desired (with pools!) posted in clear intent to disdain others who don’t share those concerns as primary life values ... well, I reflect on my military experiences, and on raising my kids on boats and in adventures, living clustered together like a family of gerbils in a warm nest, laughing and loving and squabbling and supporting every effort of living together, holding the kids’ mother as she died as I nursed her through her cancer ... making their lunches and getting them off to school each day as a single parent ... ... and I marvel at how incredibly shallow some people can be, lost in their 6,000 square foot homes (with pools!).

Years later, I took up another committed relationship with another woman ... and we decided after living together on my boat, that we each prefer to have our own spaces. So I bought her a rural cabin she loves ... and we visit each other, a lot. I also paid the down and signed a mortgage for my daughter to score a nice house in the City. She couldn’t afford it, so I converted it to an income-producing rental tri-plex where she and my granddaughter live as the anchor tenants. Then I contributed a chunk of down payment for one son and his wife to buy their second home so they could keep their first (they bought without help) as a rental. Just last year I bought - cash - another house, in need of renovation, in another city / state for a homeless, alcoholic veteran I’ve known a while who has excellent construction skills but had lost his family and will to live - and put him in on a rent-to-own challenge (going well so far).

Meanwhile, I hike, bike, sail, paddle, build and repair houses and boats because I enjoy those activities ... and pay none of the kinds of taxes in California you natter on about.

I provide you with this additional personal detail so you can have more ammo to use in your attempts to disparage me. My military career specialized in ordinance. Load up. Open fire. Let’s hear another 120 posts from you about how important tax savings are between Texas and California. And how Trump has done such a wonderful thing with these tax plans that are leaving a national debt of monstrous proportions for our children to figure out as they live under oligarchy. You know: really important stuff that defines life.

Toodles.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:51 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,375,398 times
Quote:
It is an opinion forum. I will honestly post in any forum regardless of what one hopes or thinks. I couldn't care less if you agree. Just want correct info posted.

We have a lot of people that will be doing their taxes in the next 60 days. They will be pleasantly surprised on the federal side as they will have a tax liability slightly lower in most cases. Good for them and I hope they can go out and enjoy what CA offers that many states do not with the little extra money they might take home now.
How has anything you have said here help people save money on their taxes?

Old 01-14-2020, 02:15 PM

1,212 posts, read 672,633 times
Quote:
How has anything you have said here help people save money on their taxes?
Not I.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:36 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,877,646 times
That's the reason I had to jump on this thread. For me, taxes are cheaper in California. I laid it all out and he refused to believe me. I'm all for having spirited debates, especially about something dear to me heart (choosing to move here instead of Texas). You can have different opinions but don't tell me that I'm lying, because I am not. And a 350k house you find in Dallas isn't comparable to the million dollar house I bought in California. It might be the same size, but there are so many other factors that go into a house price. So for me, it really was 700k for an equally desirable home there. And that translated into a higher overall tax burden to move there instead. Texas, for me, meant lower salary and higher taxes. Leaving all the lifestyle factors out of it... That's what bothers Bolanders because it invalidates his decision.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:07 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,557,590 times
That ol' Shakespear line

Quote:
"Me think thou protesteth a bit too much"
is really all I can think about when I see the continuous, incessant bashing of California that occurs.

Yet, hardly ever a peep in their own state forums?

I really question the psychology of people that engage this way, all of the time. It says more about them then it does about California, really.

If you truly enjoyed Texass, Florida, Idaho, Arizona or wherever the hell you went, then you'd be doing too much and enjoying those places too much to really care about California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California