Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 11:49 AM

363 posts, read 557,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
The biggest drug issue here now is pretty much what you'll see all over NorCal - pot, pot and more pot. While there's still some meth its really no worse than many other towns up and down the state. It was really bad for it back in the late 80s and 90s, but those people either got cleaned up, went to jail or died. I rarely see obvious active "tweakers" anymore.
I don't know about pot being a problem.

I moved to Willows in early 2017 and have been here close to 3 years. Every time I have visited Oroville. Keyword "visited". The meth/crack heads are all over the place especially running up and down Dam Blvd. We recently had some comedian celeb arrested high on meth acting a damn fool on Dam Blvd.

Meth and Crack labs are the BIGGEST problem for the area. Orland, Clear Lake and Oroville seem to be the triumvirate for these labs and distribution of drugs. I would think Pot would be more affected in Humboldt or Mendocino. Although I keep hearing AWFUL heroin issues in Eureka which is starting to leak down to the Orland-Willows-Williams areas currently.

Quote:
All that said the people around here are quite friendly. People in businesses are always happy to chat and you'll strike up conversations with people everywhere when you're out and about. Its nothing like the Bay Area or SoCal in that regard - much friendlier. And yes, home prices are some of the lowest in North State. A $350,000 house in Chico would go for about $250,000 here.
Prices are much higher now. So much price gouging and even rental rates have spiked. I think Oroville and Orland may not have seen the appreciation as Willows, Chico or Williams do.

Quote:
We definitely have four seasons, but the Sacramento Valley towns are still pretty mild relatively speaking. Maybe a few weeks of frosty mornings, but it almost always gets close to 60 during the day if its not raining.
This year we had some good rains. I'm hoping they return for the winter. July is really the most brutal month out of the year. Yeah, you'll see some triple digits in August but you'll see temps falling by then. September-October is probably my favorite months. It's super comfy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California