Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 08:17 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Some people here are as dedicated to saying the worst of Covid is yet to come as the guy in the SD forum who tells everyone, Good Luck!
Lol, right? Instead of “don’t fight the FED, good luck”, we can use “don’t fight the CDC, good luck”.

Seriously though, are ego’s so fragile these days that people can’t admit maybe covid wasn’t what it was made out to be, and here’s a big one, our government lied to us? Instead people will dig their heels in the sand and keep doubling down.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:29 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,747,070 times
Shortage of Moderna vaccine due to contamination at their manufacturing plant. (copy and paste didn't work on link)

Queen of Denmark has covid, speculation is she got it at Queen Elizabeth's funeral, so covid isn't really over!

Old 09-21-2022, 08:49 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Seriously though, are ego’s so fragile these days that people can’t admit maybe covid wasn’t what it was made out to be, and here’s a big one, our government lied to us?
What was it made out to be?

Old 09-22-2022, 03:37 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times
Well ha ha .
Respectfully speaking it was made out to be the big evil reason kids had to stay home for about 2 years and wear masks when they returned while their teachers and others had less restrictions even though kids were healthier and in a low risk group.
How much do you this that’s going to cost them kids when all is said and done?

It was also made to be the big evil that needlessly crippled and continues to cripple our economy.

Oh and didn’t a lot of frontline responders, hero’s and soldiers loose their jobs because this was made out to be more severe than it actually was?

Yeah it was made out to be a lot of things that it wasn’t.
Dying from Covid vs. dying with Covid also comes to mind.

I guess I now know what the Dixie Chicks meant when they recorded “I’m not ready to make nice”.

Old 09-22-2022, 09:24 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,878,376 times
The economy is doing poorly, despite what Biden says, and that's partly due to virus-related absences and departures.

In the long run, the virus will be just as bad as people feared at the beginning, albeit in a more insidious way.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:55 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,455,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The economy is doing poorly, despite what Biden says, and that's partly due to virus-related absences and departures.

In the long run, the virus will be just as bad as people feared at the beginning, albeit in a more insidious way.
You do realize a big reason the economy is in the toilet is because of people like yourself just went along with the government crashing the economy because it was for the “greater good”?

To this day I’m still wiping egg off my face for believing (and defending) the whole weapons of mass destruction lies that brought us into wars under false pretenses?

I highly doubt most will admit they’re wrong when it came to covid? But if some of us here say it’s alright because I got played a fool as well by our government maybe some will? But I doubt it here? In real life I’m already hearing it all the time.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
this was made out to be more severe than it actually was
If you really believe that COVID-19 was "made out to be more severe than it actually was," then what do you believe might have killed 6.53 million people in the past couple of years?

Old 09-23-2022, 07:13 AM

As California settles into a third year of pandemic, COVID-19 continues to pose a serious threat. But the number of people dying — and the demographics of those falling victim — has shifted notably from the first two years.

Given the collective immunity people have garnered through a combination of mass vaccination and earlier infections, Californians overall were far less likely to die of COVID-19 in 2022, when the Omicron variant dominated, than in 2020 and 2021, when other variants were largely at play. That mirrored a national trend.

COVID-19 remained among the state’s leading causes of death in July, trailing heart disease, cancer, stroke and Alzheimer’s disease but outpacing diabetes, accidental death and a host of other debilitating diseases. In the first seven months of the year, about 13,500 California residents died of COVID-19, according to preliminary death certificate data from the state Department of Public Health. By comparison, the disease killed about 31,400 people in 2020 and almost 44,000 in 2021.

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...s-are-shifting

Old 09-23-2022, 08:07 AM

219 posts, read 176,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
If you really believe that COVID-19 was "made out to be more severe than it actually was," then what do you believe might have killed 6.53 million people in the past couple of years?
Unhealthy lifestyles and comorbidities. It's pure fact that the vast majority of people did not die from Covid, they had Covid when they died. The vast majority were either overweight, had an underlying ailment, or both. Covid just amplified a problem the person already had.

I don't think anyone here believes Covid wasn't bad for a time, but the government response to it was nothing short of crimes against humanity. The long-term negative social effects of masking children. The business owners who lost everything because they had to shut down, while the largest companies were allowed to remain open. People having to watch their parent die over Zoom because of hospital policies. Basically forcing people to inject something in their body or lose their career. I could go on and on.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:49 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,878,376 times
"I'll never be overweight, develop health issues, get old..." - sure, buddy. Many people shrugging off the ruined lives of others also have risk factors.

Already more than 5% of Americans are estimated to have Long-Covid, and if invisible damage that people don't feel were detected and counted, the number of cases with post-viral complications would be much higher.

But fake problems like trauma from masking and an economy struggling from small, unimportant businesses that failed prematurely during a did-slow-spread lockdown....

It always comes down to, "I don't want make any changes to my life and will use whatever mental gymnastics possible to maintain the status quo."

Cases already shooting up in the UK, another chance for people to finally adjust to reality.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...eek-in-england
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California