Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2022, 03:23 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The brain drain is real in all sectors. We'll be digging our way out for years.

As for the low skill stuff, getting people to just show up for an interview is now a challenge. A friend who's a contractor told me if he gets a dozen applicants, three might actually follow through and come.
My company is behind the 8 ball. They decimated IT with outsourcing now they are trying to hire everyone back for way more than they were making before layoffs in 2018.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:22 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,079,464 times
It shocks me that a large group of people can’t or won’t think for themselves.
Reading this topic it is very obvious who lack these skills.

It’s awful that those people died.
They died mainly of comorbidities and all honest people will admit that.
We have had comorbidity deaths in our family too.

We wrecked ourselves as a country over a small percentage of actual Covid deaths.
We should have used common sense to keep our sick and elderly people out of harms way.
Elderly people should have never been housed like sardines in poorly ventilated old folks homes of New York and several other places did.
The obese, the alcoholics, the elderly and those with immunity issues needed self isolation.
Not the fricking whole country.

I watched in disbelief as our leadership chased their tails like mentally challenged dogs throughout this whole mess.
Very few had the right ideas.
Those that did were ridiculed, shutdown, cancelled and even fired for going against this administrations talking points.
Shame on this administration and the MSM.
FTFF’s.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yep, and the results are we have to wait months to see anyone in healthcare. Police departments were decimated. I don't blame them. Between the extremism over protocol and demands about vax we will not recover from this for some time. California's cure? Raise the min wage for fast food workers trying to lure people back to work. If you can't get people to work fast food how are you going to get them to run an ambulance for a few bucks more. Or a lifeguard? Self inflicted fate.

https://www.google.com/search?q=poli...client=gws-wiz

You cannot replace the knowledge of someone on the job for 20,30,40 years.
I have yet to see one 'decimated' police department, and as far as minimum wage, no wages have been raised as of now due to that bill. I don't even quite understand it but I do know that very few people are willing to work in fast food for minimum wage anymore, and the reality is that the current living wage in California is $21.82 an hour for an adult with no children.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:38 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post

We wrecked ourselves as a country over a small percentage of actual Covid deaths.
We should have used common sense to keep our sick and elderly people out of harms way.
Elderly people should have never been housed like sardines in poorly ventilated old folks homes of New York and several other places did.
The obese, the alcoholics, the elderly and those with immunity issues needed self isolation.

I watched in disbelief as our leadership chased their tails like mentally challenged dogs throughout this whole mess.
Those that did were ridiculed, shutdown, cancelled and even fired for going against this administrations talking points.
FTFF’s.
Many of us do think for ourselves, MechAndy but our views are removed so you never read them.

I'm sure covid will always be around in one form or another, as are other illnesses. To what degree they become less life-threatening is another thing. Vaccines for this will protect the individual but will do little to stop them from spreading it. And they should be taken on a voluntary basis, not ordered by the government, imo. (opinions are still allowed here, I think )

Old 09-23-2022, 06:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post

FTFF’s.
Yes, we should've forced all those people to isolate forever - because that's such a small portion of the population and it wouldn't have badly damaged the economy that way

Old 09-23-2022, 07:50 PM

37,109 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
Funny, I've never heard of a case of long Covid from someone who was unvaccinated. Could "long Covid" just be a side effect of the vaccine? Hmmm....
Long covid was identified before the vaccines were released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Everyone I know who got Omicron is vaccinated, me and my neighbors who are unvaccinated never got it.
https://doh.wa.gov/sites/default/fil...Vaccinated.pdf

September 14, 2022:

"Unvaccinated 12-34 year-olds in Washington are
• 1.8 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.7 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 12-34 year-olds who have
completed the primary series.
Unvaccinated 35-64 year-olds are
• 1.7 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.7 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 35 - 64 year-olds who
have completed the primary series.
Unvaccinated 65+ year-olds are
• 2.2 times more likely to get COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series.
• 3.4 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have
completed the primary series.
• 4 times more likely to die of COVID-19 compared with 65+ year-olds who have completed the
primary series"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
It has long been known that repeated vaxxes will make your immune system weaker. This is why natural immunity was way better.
No, vaccines do not make the immune system weaker. If they did, they would never have been invented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I had a "cold" Saturday night, September 3 and part of Sunday, September 4. I only tested (and it was positive) on September 9 because everyone around me was getting it. I was so sick I played singles tennis on Labor Day and Sunday, September 11. Big deal.
You should have stayed home, not gone to play tennis, even if you felt well.

https://health.ri.gov/publications/g...Population.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingRebel View Post
Unhealthy lifestyles and comorbidities. It's pure fact that the vast majority of people did not die from Covid, they had Covid when they died. The vast majority were either overweight, had an underlying ailment, or both. Covid just amplified a problem the person already had.
They died because they had covid. Even with comorbidities if they had not had covid many would have lived years longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Death with covid and death from covid are two completely different things. Even the CDC had to come out and say at least half of the deaths (which I believe to still be low) are attributed to this. But for some strange reason they haven’t changed any death numbers?

If you really want to find answers you don’t want to hear look into the overall death rate (which didn’t budge), and how things like death from heart disease and cancer miraculously came down.

My elderly mom has both vaccines and two booster shots and had a rough go at it when she caught it several months back. Her taste is still a bit off. Her two best friends (that are rather large in comparison to her) refuse to get the vaccine. One has yet to catch it, and she’s a social butterfly. The other caught it the same time as my mom and had a easier go at than my mom did. It kinda makes you wonder?

Not saying covid isn’t real, but we’re now finding out what it was all along. And that’s just a cold for most, a bad flu for others, and potentially lethal for those unhealthy. Nearly 80% of those who did die from it had four or more comorbidities. Which goes back to death from and death with.
Those with comorbidities still died from covid. It is potentially lethal even for those with no comorbidities.

Source for your CDC comment?

Heart disease deaths went up over the course of covid. Cancer deaths declined, possibly because covid bumped some of them off before the cancer could do it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...vid-u-n1270260

Overall deaths were up:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...er%20100%2C000).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Because it's not PC to tell someone they live an unhealthy lifestyle.
The comorbidities for covid 19 have been clearly communicated since they were identified.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:46 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I have yet to see one 'decimated' police department, and as far as minimum wage, no wages have been raised as of now due to that bill. I don't even quite understand it but I do know that very few people are willing to work in fast food for minimum wage anymore, and the reality is that the current living wage in California is $21.82 an hour for an adult with no children.
SDPD

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ice-department

Old 09-24-2022, 08:13 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I see people have too much time on their hands today and are using it to lie.

1) Very few people are allergic to vaccines, and most of them already knew it before COVID-19 existed.

3) Vaccines don't weaken immune systems
That’s rich LOL Just how would one know if they were allergic to said shot when they refused to let us know the ingredients.

Yes, the shots, flu and covid both lessen the immune system which is why if you are running a temperature they tell you to wait. This is true prior to the demon poison(covid shot).

Why on earth are people still calling it a vaccine? A vaccine is a method of prevention, a shot lessens severity; hence “flu shot” .

Old 09-24-2022, 08:14 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Death with covid and death from covid are two completely different things. Even the CDC had to come out and say at least half of the deaths (which I believe to still be low) are attributed to this. But for some strange reason they haven’t changed any death numbers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They died because they had covid. Even with comorbidities if they had not had covid many would have lived years longer.

Those with comorbidities still died from covid. It is potentially lethal even for those with no comorbidities.

Source for your CDC comment?

Heart disease deaths went up over the course of covid. Cancer deaths declined, possibly because covid bumped some of them off before the cancer could do it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...vid-u-n1270260

Overall deaths were up:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...er%20100%2C000).

The comorbidities for covid 19 have been clearly communicated since they were identified.
Thanks, Suzy. It certainly refutes the comment, "It shocks me that a large group of people can’t or won’t think for themselves. Reading this topic it is very obvious who lack these skills."

Old 09-24-2022, 08:27 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Yes, the shots, flu and covid both lessen the immune system
That's untrue.

https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...on-hodgetwins/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Why on earth are people still calling it a vaccine? A vaccine is a method of prevention, a shot lessens severity; hence “flu shot” .
The terms flu vaccine and flu shot are used interchangeably. And no vaccine completely prevents a disease.

From the CDC website: "Influenza (flu) vaccines (often called “flu shots”) are vaccines that protect against the four influenza viruses that research indicates will be most common during the upcoming season. Most flu vaccines are “flu shots” given with a needle, usually in the arm, but there also is a nasal spray flu vaccine."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California