Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 04:39 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Can you really blame them though when you see this denial/downplaying by the media/politicians? How do you expect people who are already skeptical to buy into it? The media/politicians just made a bad situation (non-believers etc..) even worse with this denial/downplaying of protests.
Yes, I can blame them. Those that refuse to believe science are really something else, whether its anti-vaxxers, disbelievers of global warming or something else. I'm data driven and don't respect those that choose to make decisions affecting others without applying data/logic.

This started well before BLM, so I don't think that is a really valid point in the grand scheme of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 04:49 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Yes, I can blame them. Those that refuse to believe science are really something else, whether its anti-vaxxers, disbelievers of global warming or something else. I'm data driven and don't respect those that choose to make decisions affecting others without applying data/logic.

This started well before BLM, so I don't think that is a really valid point in the grand scheme of things.
Maybe at this point some would have started to actually get it since it’s getting so bad and in many of the more conservative states. But I guess you’re okay with the media and politicians downplaying/denying the virus spread from protests and likely making the situation worse....

Old 07-19-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Maybe at this point some would have started to actually get it since it’s getting so bad and in many of the more conservative states. But I guess you’re okay with the media and politicians downplaying/denying the virus spread from protests and likely making the situation worse....
When did I say I was ok with the media downplaying this? All I said was that 1 - more of these protesters were wearing masks vs Trump supporters and 2 - using this as an excuse to continue to blatantly defy mask ordinances is wrong.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
When did I say I was ok with the media downplaying this? All I said was that 1 - more of these protesters were wearing masks vs Trump supporters and 2 - using this as an excuse to continue to blatantly defy mask ordinances is wrong.
Because your first reaction to someone pointing out the media/politicians denying virus spread from protests was to point out Trump protests. For someone who supposedly is driven by “data/logic” I would think you would be more critical of people who downplayed/denied virus spread from BLM protests.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Because your first reaction to someone pointing out the media/politicians denying virus spread from protests was to point out Trump protests. For someone who supposedly is driven by “data/logic” I would think you would be more critical of people who downplayed/denied virus spread from BLM protests.
BLM supporters are not actively encouraging people to not wear masks. To the contrary, they are almost always wearing masks. I agree with your point that this doesn't fully stop spread but it is 10x worse for those not wearing masks at all. That is the difference.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
BLM supporters are not actively encouraging people to not wear masks. To the contrary, they are almost always wearing masks. I agree with your point that this doesn't fully stop spread but it is 10x worse for those not wearing masks at all. That is the difference.
So that makes it okay for the media/politicians to deny or downplay virus spread by protests????

Old 07-19-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
So that makes it okay for the media/politicians to deny or downplay virus spread by protests????
I just said earlier that it wasn't ok. I was pointing out that what the Trump supporters have done / are still doing is far worse.

Why are you asking me to re-answer the same question that I responded to you on earlier?

Old 07-19-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I just said earlier that it wasn't ok. I was pointing out that what the Trump supporters have done / are still doing is far worse.

Why are you asking me to re-answer the same question that I responded to you on earlier?
Again you don’t seem that bothered by it especially for someone all about data/logic and just more interested into making sure you stick it to the other side and side with your own.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Again you don’t seem that bothered by it especially for someone all about data/logic and just more interested into making sure you stick it to the other side and side with your own.
I'm bothered by all mass gatherings, so don't make assumptions about me when you don't know the fact.

That's like me calling you a Trumper because you continue to downplay him not wearing a mask and disregarding science.

Old 07-19-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
I'm bothered by all mass gatherings, so don't make assumptions about me when you don't know the fact.

That's like me calling you a Trumper because you continue to downplay him not wearing a mask and disregarding science.
Sure but you only call out Trump protests.....just saying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California