Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 09:51 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,189,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
'small possibility'? Trump is 30 points behind in every California poll that has been conducted. The odds of him winning are about the same as they are that I would vote for him - ZERO
We’ll see. There’s a lot of miserable people in Ca now. Last Sunday Lido Isle was packed with Trump fans when he was there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2020, 09:59 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
We’ll see. There’s a lot of miserable people in Ca now. Last Sunday Lido Isle was packed with Trump fans when he was there.
I thought you moved to Arizona or some place, what happened?

Old 10-21-2020, 11:01 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,306,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
State Att'y Gen'l says, the boxes "could be illegal"? Of course they're illegal!
What makes it illegal? CA allows ballot harvesting, which is what this is. It is making it easier for everyone to get their vote counted. Is that what everyone says they want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
But imagine you're a GOPer with a few hundred ballots. People's names are on the outer envelope. So - half an hour with Google would probably uncover a few ballots from people whose social media accounts indicate they aren't voting as you'd prefer. Who'd know? What box? Of course, that's hypothetical. They've been so up front and open about the entire scheme, right?
How is that different from Democrat operatives collecting ballots from people at nursing homes, retirement communities, etc? What assurance do we have that all ballots were properly handled? That is why the 2016 ballot harvesting law should be repealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A Repub official tried to justify it, by calling it a form of "vote harvesting", which isn't prohibited in CA. Perhaps he wasn't aware, that the Prez has called vote harvesting a corrupt practice. In any case, doing it in this way is illegal, and an injunction has been filed against the perpetrators.
Of course ballot harvesting is corrupt, but as long as one side is doing it, the other side has to too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
V8: Did you think the 2016 election was a fraud? Over 50 percent of California voters voted by mail in 2016.
Yes, the 2016 election in CA was completely fraudulent. The Democrats turned in 250,000 harvested ballots in Orange County alone. We have no idea on the provenance of those votes and how they were collected.

Quote:
You forgot to mention that the signature required on the ballot is compared to the signature on file..funny how you would overlook that little detail
Funny? The funny part is that anyone thinks "checking signatures" is some kind of safeguard. Who is checking the checkers? Are they certified handwriting experts? What is your "signature on file"? I don't think I've changed my signature since I first signed up to vote when I was 18, forty plus years ago. Does anyone think my signature has changed in 40 years?

Quote:
Not true, a right wing group 'speculated' that 400,000 ballots 'might be mailed to people who were deceased or moved'. All boards of election continually cross reference the social security death index and when they can ascertain that a voter died they take their name out of the database. As far as people who have moved, they would have to be able to forge the exact signature of the voters name on the ballot. There are very few people who would get a ballot in the mail addressed to someone else and willingly commit a felony and vote in that person's name
Two ridiculous points. Obviously all boards of election DO NOT take care of their voter rolls per federal law. Judicial Watch had to sue LA County to get them to remove 1.5 MILLION ineligible voters. That was LA County alone.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...om-rolls/6866/

Again with the signature thing. IF anyone looks at the signature, my guess is it is a cursory look, not an in depth analysis. And once the ballot is separated from the envelope, there is no way to challenge a decision on the authenticity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Yes, heady times in Newport Beach, but ever since Reagan made 3 million illegal aliens legal citizens, the GOP hasn't carried the state.

And you wonder why the Dems want to make 22 million illegals, legal,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California