Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 06:21 PM

26,766 posts, read 26,890,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Denver is nice, although you'd have to deal with your aversion to drab looking scenery for most of the year. For a good part of the year, there is absolutely nothing on the trees and everything is brown.
Most of the year? There are six months of the year that are just fine. The summers and early fall are beautiful. And the skiing in Colorado is fantastic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 06:41 PM

11,164 posts, read 7,988,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Can fake plastic people get COVID? Asking for a friend.
1980 called and wants their meme back.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:02 PM

4,327 posts, read 6,297,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Most of the year? There are six months of the year that are just fine. The summers and early fall are beautiful. And the skiing in Colorado is fantastic!
I don't have any problem with Denver at all. I like it there. Was commenting on Sav858's earlier note that he didn't like dry landscapes.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:03 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,180,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candothisallday View Post
First time in California since child. ...
1) The people. I've never come across so many judgemental/status obsessed/righteous people in my life.
3 posts

Welcome to the C-D Forum!

Old 03-16-2021, 10:01 PM

626 posts, read 466,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post

Lastly, florida is the homeless capital of the south. And it's expecting to get worse. Definitely visit it a few more times before you move. Ttyl

Got a source for that? The homeless problem in California is like 10 times worse than it is in Florida. Florida doesn't mess around when it comes to stuff like that.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:21 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,403,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popka View Post
Got a source for that? The homeless problem in California is like 10 times worse than it is in Florida. Florida doesn't mess around when it comes to stuff like that.
Certainly a higher per capita rate in Calif over Florida but nowhere near ten times worse.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...%2050%20states.

https://www.usich.gov/tools-for-action/map/#fn[]=1400&fn[]=2800&fn[]=6200&fn[]=10000&fn[]=13200

Old 03-16-2021, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Certainly a higher per capita rate in Calif over Florida but nowhere near ten times worse.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...%2050%20states.

https://www.usich.gov/tools-for-action/map/#fn[]=1400&fn[]=2800&fn[]=6200&fn[]=10000&fn[]=13200

So California has 151,000 homeless people in a state with 39 million people and Florida has 28,000 in a state with with 21 million people. Funny thing is those numbers actually mean nothing because California's homeless are like 10 times more visible than Florida's. Florida doesnt let them congregate and loiter long enough to destroy the whole area like California does. Florida cleans that stuff up reeaaal quick.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:39 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,403,666 times
Quote:
So California has 151,000 homeless people in a state with 39 million people and Florida has 28,000 in a state with with 21 million people. Funny thing is those numbers actually mean nothing because California's homeless are like 10 times more visible than Florida's. Florida doesnt let them congregate and loiter long enough to destroy the whole area like California does. Florida cleans that stuff up reeaaal quick.
So you are presented with data that refutes your initial claim so you just move the goal posts...ok sure.

California's per capita rate is 3 times higher than Florida's...but go ahead and tell yourself whatever you want.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
So you are presented with data that refutes your initial claim so you just move the goal posts...ok sure.

California's per capita rate is 3 times higher than Florida's...but go ahead and tell yourself whatever you want.

I never moved anything. I said the homeless problem in California is 10 times worse than in Florida. I never said anything about the number of homeless people in each state. Anyone who has spent any significant time in the big cities of these two states can see pretty quickly that the homeless problem is much, much worse in California. I would say it's even more than 10 times worse of a problem now since California is pretty much past the point of no return while this whole time Florida has been sitting back learning from California's mistakes.
Ever heard of the broken windows theory?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

Old 03-17-2021, 08:34 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,791,004 times
Quote:
I never moved anything. I said the homeless problem in California is 10 times worse than in Florida. I never said anything about the number of homeless people in each state. Anyone who has spent any significant time in the big cities of these two states can see pretty quickly that the homeless problem is much, much worse in California. I would say it's even more than 10 times worse of a problem now since California is pretty much past the point of no return while this whole time Florida has been sitting back learning from California's mistakes.
Ever heard of the broken windows theory?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory
This is true. I spent some time in Orlando with the "Ambassadors" the cities hires to help the homeless. These employees walk the downtown streets to help them and keep them from misbehaving and the homeless treat them with respect. If a homeless person goes to far in bad behavior they are arrested and put in jail.They cannot sleep on the streets at all. They cannot put any kind of filth on the streets. They have food sources, clothing, places to sleep,aid with renting if getting a job, if an interview for a good job is scheduled and their clothes look shabby they get them decent clothes for the interview. No sleeping on the street is allowed or leaving any garbage, etc behind wayyyy different than CA.

I avoid LA and Santa Ana downtown areas like the plaque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California