Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 01:39 PM

4,330 posts, read 6,299,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Ask the employee their status, why is that so hard? You would need to do the same thing if you mandated vaccines.
Many places already do this. The problem is that this is on the honor system, which is why CalOSHA went a step further in the first place.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:40 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,710,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Many places already do this. The problem is that this is on the honor system, which is why CalOSHA went a step further in the first place.
So beyond what the CDC is recommending? I don't think there is anything preventing them from requiring to show proof if they say yes right?

Old 06-09-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
So beyond what the CDC is recommending? I don't think there is anything preventing them from requiring to show proof if they say yes right?
The CDC didn't comment on how to administer the check and left it to the states and local municipalities to determine what's right in their jurisdiction. If you have issues with how CalOSHA rolled this out, complain to the CDC about the need to be more explicit on how to administer this consistently.

And yes, companies can require proof of vaccination. Some already do that in the travel industry, as you are aware. But, I've also heard you and others mention that companies don't want to have to be the police. If CalOSHA didn't step in here to mandate it, it likely wouldn't get done and you know that.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:
The CDC didn't comment on how to administer the check and left it to the states and local municipalities to determine what's right in their jurisdiction. If you have issues with how CalOSHA rolled this out, complain to the CDC about the need to be more explicit on how to administer this consistently.

And yes, companies can require proof of vaccination. Some already do that in the travel industry, as you are aware. But, I've also heard you and others mention that companies don't want to have to be the police. If CalOSHA didn't step in here to mandate it, it likely wouldn't get done and you know that.
Seems like CalOSHA is the issue, not the CDC. Why can't employers be allowed to just verify someone is vaccinated so they don't have to wear a mask?

And I've never said that about being the police, stop trying to generalize me with everyone else.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Seems like CalOSHA is the issue, not the CDC. Why can't employers be allowed to just verify someone is vaccinated so they don't have to wear a mask?
If you have data that supports how this can/will be done by all employers accurately, I'm listening. Otherwise, you just answered your own question.

Old 06-09-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
If you have data that supports how this can/will be done by all employers accurately, I'm listening. Otherwise, you just answered your own question.
What kind of data exactly? I don't even get how that is a data question.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
What kind of data exactly? I don't even get how that is a data question.
You just asked me why can't companies verify that their employees were vaccinated. I countered that 1 - companies don't want to have to police this and 2 - this likely cannot be done accurately (e.g., forging of vaccination cards, lying about being vaccinated).

So yes, I want to know what data source you can provide that shows this will be done accurately if it's allowed to stand?

Old 06-09-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
You just asked me why can't companies verify that their employees were vaccinated. I countered that 1 - companies don't want to have to police this and 2 - this likely cannot be done accurately (e.g., forging of vaccination cards, lying about being vaccinated).

So yes, I want to know what data source you can provide that shows this will be done accurately if it's allowed to stand?
So how would they verify vaccine status if mandated then?

What kind of data?

Old 06-09-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
So how would they verify vaccine status if mandated then?

What kind of data?
Agreed that this needs to be built out further. As it is not currently, hence why the mask mandate is the best course of action for now.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Agreed that this needs to be built out further. As it is not currently, hence why the mask mandate is the best course of action for now.
I didn't say it needs to be built out further. CalOSHA is allowing employees to go without masks if everyone is vaccinated so clearly there is or they are allowing employers to choose a verification system. So why can't that same system be used to allow vaccinated employees to go out without masks whether or not someone else is unvaccinated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California