Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2021, 09:36 PM

435 posts, read 455,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Honestly, I don't care about the literal definition of this. Regardless of the fact that I'm not an expert on all types of guns, I think they need to be pulled off streets. They are killing machines. Too many get in the hands of irresponsible people and we need much, much stricter gun laws. You want to go hunting? Fine, license your rifle with the government and have it stored in a public place when you're done.
Dang, I really was on the money when I made the bootlicking comment above

The second amendment isn't about hunting, and you should know that. It's about keeping tyrannical government in check, something you admit to being completely uninterested in. Sad.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:37 PM

4,332 posts, read 6,299,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
I said "just as well or better", yet interestingly you immediately cut out the "just as well" because you thought if you could just wipe away that part you might actually have an argument. You still don't, but your duplicitous little effort there didn't go unnoticed.

Beyond that, I'll indulge and ask two simple questions:

1. What states have lifted lockdowns and have been doing worse than California lately? Surely you can name a lot of them AND back it up with numbers.... right?

2. How many licks to get to the center of Gavin Newsom's boots? You tell me, you clearly know.
California's per capita COVID positivity rate is currently 0.8%, which is about the 5th best in the country. Don't believe me, read this: https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...s-july-14.html

Old 06-06-2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Dang, I really was on the money when I made the bootlicking comment above

The second amendment isn't about hunting, and you should know that. It's about keeping tyrannical government in check, something you admit to being completely uninterested in. Sad.
Is January 6th your idea of keeping the government in check?

Old 06-06-2021, 09:42 PM

Quote:
California's per capita COVID positivity rate is currently 0.8%, which is about the 5th best in the country. Don't believe me, read this: https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...s-july-14.html
Test positivity rates are irrelevant in the abstract; rates of deaths are.

So why has lockdown-centric California seen death (and infection) rates matching open-for-business-for-months-now-with-no-mask-mandates-and-a-much-older-population Florida?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...ent-approaches

And why do you still lick the guy's boots in spite of the science showing the lockdowns have been pointless for months now?

Old 06-06-2021, 09:45 PM

50,481 posts, read 47,192,013 times
Quote:
Test positivity rates are irrelevant in the abstract; rates of deaths are.

So why has lockdown-centric California seen death (and infection) rates matching open-for-business-for-months-now-with-no-mask-mandates-and-a-much-older-population Florida?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...ent-approaches

And why do you still lick the guy's boots in spite of the science showing the lockdowns have been pointless for months now?
There isn't even a strong conservative candidate to replace the dictator yet people are cheer leading. This guy is hardly a leader. Just weird. Some of these posters keep pointing to ex Pres Trump. What the hell has that do to with California?

Old 06-06-2021, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Is January 6th your idea of keeping the government in check?
not quite, especially since a cop murdered an unarmed demonstrator and got off scot-free. If anything you just made my point for me: politicians who wish to have us unarmed shouldn't be allowed to be armed or have armed security. If your argument is that politicians and their security should only be allowed weapons for hunting and they need to lock them up and check them out with us if they want to do that, then I agree.

But you tell me: do you have nightmares over boomers taking selfies in Nancy Pelosi's office or waving American flags as they march smiling in single file through a government building because Rachel Maddow was on TV crying and told you to feel how she felt?

If so, you might be mentally ill and in need of serious professional help.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
There isn't even a strong conservative candidate to replace the dictator yet people are cheer leading. This guy is hardly a leader. Just weird. Some of these posters keep pointing to ex Pres Trump. What the hell has that do to with California?
I'll take that complete non response as a concession of defeat. Cheers

Old 06-06-2021, 09:52 PM

Quote:
not quite, especially since a cop murdered an unarmed demonstrator and got off scot-free. If anything you just made my point for me: politicians who wish to have us unarmed shouldn't be allowed to be armed or have armed security. If your argument is that politicians and their security should only be allowed weapons for hunting and they need to lock them up and check them out with us if they want to do that, then I agree.

But you tell me: do you have nightmares over boomers taking selfies in Nancy Pelosi's office or waving American flags as they march smiling in single file through a government building because Rachel Maddow was on TV crying and told you to feel how she felt?

If so, you might be mentally ill and in need of serious professional help.
Sounds like a typical Fox News response to pretend this was just some minor event. This is the type of armed militia that we should all be worried about. Perhaps you don't care about them, as they're on your side, but it just proves how too many bad people can access guns too easily.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It won't be in the next hundred years. I'm ok with that. There are more record gun sales in the last 10 years than ever. That tide isn't slowing down anytime soon with all the hating on cops and big city crime leaving people to fiend for themselves.
We'll see about that. With mass shootings becoming a daily event, more people are getting fed up. We are at a tipping point.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:57 PM

50,481 posts, read 47,192,013 times
Quote:
We'll see about that. With mass shootings becoming a daily event, more people are getting fed up. We are at a tipping point.
Keep letting in people with no history of their lives. What could possibly go wrong. Or, we can blame a piece of iron that needs a human to use it illegally. This is pretty simple math. If I was from Guatemala and shot up a bar and killed multiple people I can now claim "asylum" in the US and there is no record of my transgressions. That's where we are right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California