Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 01:19 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,892,609 times

Advertisements

People won't now quit their jobs because they're told they have to come in and wear masks, unless they can find new employers who will let them work from home (which some individuals prefer and can leverage). People will quit if they feel they have to be at the workplace and it's dangerous for them.

Newsom won't risk the blatantly election-oriented contradiction to the I'm-protecting-Californians message by overriding Cal-OSHA, especially with many companies likely worried about employees quitting or suing due to inadequate workplace protections. (Of course Cal-OSHA has lawyers who'd advise that mask rules protect everyone from lawsuits.) I think Newsom would just cross his fingers and hope when the recall election happens, herd immunity will be close enough that masks are less needed and therefore not many people are mad at him supposedly taking their freedom. Ultimately, enough other things are going his way and California's way that he shouldn't feel desperate.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:18 AM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
This may be it for me. I'm willing to take an 75k/yr (yes my housing is expensive but not that much more) paycut at this point and move to Florida. I ****ing refuse to be subjected to a "pandemic" that only exists in CA.

Last April my county made it illegal for me to go more than 5 miles from my house. I shivered outside in rain to buy burritos when only outdoor dining was allowed (which was subsequently closed intermittently based on dubious"science") I wasn't allowed to use parks for months, the gym for almost a year, however, I could buy cigarettes and weed in person. Schools were closed for over a year (unless you can pay 40k/yr for private school).

When I see other states were open most the time it's infuriating. The fact that their per capita mortality and infection rates are similar to ours is rubbing salt in the wounds.

That our leaders can see the data and still decide to mask us until 2022 when other states have been over this crap for a solid year is insane. Apparently CA is smarter than the CDC and yes, I've been vaccinated but it doesn't matter.
We went to a local ball game last night. It's pretty evident people are over this baloney. About 1/4 of anyone were wearing a C02 re-toxicator. Cops could have cared less.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:18 AM

26,763 posts, read 26,869,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
NO. ONE. CARES. WHAT. THE. NUMBERS. ARE. HERE
You certainly don't, do you? But hey, you're apparently open and free. So why complain about what's happening in California?

Old 06-05-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Right now California has perhaps the best stats. But as late as today the Governor says that he won't end the State of Emergency on the 15th as he previously stated.
Maybe he wants to keep those stats.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Maybe he wants to keep those stats.
It would help if he stayed out of expensive restaurants while not wearing a mask after telling us we have to. Ya think? All along he apparently thinks CA voters are really, really dumb. I'm going to have to start to agree.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Now that we've successfully learned how to carve out a particular group of people that everyone should now hate, the sky's the limit on who the next unacceptable group will be.
I don't think anyone hates those who are unvaccinated. What they don't seem to like is the pompous views of people who don't respect others' decisions. And on many of these threads, the anger seems to be directed toward vaccinated people who happen to respect the indoor-mask ordinance for now.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It would help if he stayed out of expensive restaurants while not wearing a mask after telling us we have to. Ya think?
He'll probably never live that down. Obviously it was a stupid idea.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I wouldn't return to the office if I had to wear a mask. But I wouldn't be called back in until masks are gone I suspect.
You're lucky. We wear them most of the day. And coworkers who chose not to be vaccinated are fairly open about it. Not sure if that will change.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:42 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,189,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You certainly don't, do you? But hey, you're apparently open and free. So why complain about what's happening in California?
The pandemic is over but for some evil reason the rulers of Ca just won’t let people there return to normal. I have property family and friends there (for now) so I have a vested interest in how screwed up Ca keeps devolving to.

Residents of Ca remember how Newsom screwed you on recall day.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
The pandemic is over but for some evil reason the rulers of Ca just won’t let people there return to normal. I have property family and friends there (for now) so I have a vested interest in how screwed up Ca keeps devolving to.

Residents of Ca remember how Newsom screwed you on recall day.
This power thing is ridiculous. They are so drunk on it they can't let go. It's like the Kardashians. Once you get famous, for whatever reason, you don't want to let it leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California