Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 04:47 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,696,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Masks are a way to a depersonalized, sad world. A true dystopia.
I think masks are great, since it makes it much harder for the government and corporations to track you using facial recognition software. The more people wear them, the more freedom from tracking we all have.

Maybe anti-maskers are actually government and corporate shills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 05:21 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
I think masks are great, since it makes it much harder for the government and corporations to track you using facial recognition software. The more people wear them, the more freedom from tracking we all have.

Maybe anti-maskers are actually government and corporate shills?
We are moving to biometrics and retina scans. Facial recognition is dinosaur stuff.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:29 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Anyone with congestion or symptoms of a cold should wear a surgical mask and not be stigmatized for it. Anyone with fragile health should wear an N-95 respirator or better.

As for the rest, sure. Unmask. My healthy neurotypical kids don't have a problem with masks, but there are plenty of kids who struggle with all sorts of mental issues and mass-masking really seems to bother those at-risk kids more than COVID-19 bothers anyone who is vaxxed.

Also, Pennsylvania is like one of the worst states in the country. If I lived there, I would hang out on other forums as well, until I could move somewhere great. So I hope the OP is someday successful enough to make it in California.
PA is ok. Not great - not my first choice to live in - but there are a lot worse.
Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in your state.

But being the free speech zone that c/d is... I don't mind giving you my opinions from the safety of almost 3,000 miles away.

Masks don't work. They are a tool being used by politicians who like to control people.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:34 PM

8,338 posts, read 6,423,253 times
When you see someone wearing a mask you know their a Biden voter.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:21 PM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
PA is ok. Not great - not my first choice to live in - but there are a lot worse.
Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in your state.

But being the free speech zone that c/d is... I don't mind giving you my opinions from the safety of almost 3,000 miles away.

Masks don't work. They are a tool being used by politicians who like to control people.
So why the fascination with us? Do you post in Somalia threads as well? How about Timbuktu? I mean, speaking of safety in distance …

Old 02-14-2022, 09:28 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,704,293 times
To those who point out cyber-surveillance and the thrall of American consumerism, you are indeed correct. But that nowise means that masks are a trivial matter. I don't have to use the internet, and can shop minimally for generic and nondescript essentials. But I have no choice about masks. There's no means of opting-out. And unlike the nefarious means of surveillance or manipulation, masks aren't subtle. They're literally in-your-face. They chafe my beard and irritate me every minute, every hour that I'm in the office. They are constant, incessant reminder of the decision-making process in our society, of what we value and what we abjure.

But let's not be hasty in our celebrations. California may rescind its mandate at the state level, but Los Angeles County has no such plans. Ten million people still remain waiting for the basic right to doff the face-hijab.

If this ever ends, let us at least promise ourselves: never forget!

Old 02-14-2022, 09:40 PM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
To those who point out cyber-surveillance and the thrall of American consumerism, you are indeed correct. But that nowise means that masks are a trivial matter. I don't have to use the internet, and can shop minimally for generic and nondescript essentials. But I have no choice about masks. There's no means of opting-out. And unlike the nefarious means of surveillance or manipulation, masks aren't subtle. They're literally in-your-face. They chafe my beard and irritate me every minute, every hour that I'm in the office. They are constant, incessant reminder of the decision-making process in our society, of what we value and what we abjure.

But let's not be hasty in our celebrations. California may rescind its mandate at the state level, but Los Angeles County has no such plans. Ten million people still remain waiting for the basic right to doff the face-hijab.

If this ever ends, let us at least promise ourselves: never forget!
Nevertheless, everything we all do is far more controlled by surveillance and consumerism, than is *controlled* by silly masks which you take off at least at home … as well as much else of your day. Whereas EVERYTHING you eat, drink, wear, drive, buy, bank, invest, etc etc etc is subsumed through the Big Brother economics and psychology of our times … and we willingly, gleefully participate in the folly seeking the baubles and trinkets of our conditioned dreams.

You can’t ‘opt out of the internet’ or cell phones anymore … you are inextricably linked for survival. And even generic products are provided and consumed by conditioning.

Masks? Phbbbbt! Lol.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:46 AM

113 posts, read 54,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Nevertheless, everything we all do is far more controlled by surveillance and consumerism, than is *controlled* by silly masks which you take off at least at home … as well as much else of your day. Whereas EVERYTHING you eat, drink, wear, drive, buy, bank, invest, etc etc etc is subsumed through the Big Brother economics and psychology of our times … and we willingly, gleefully participate in the folly seeking the baubles and trinkets of our conditioned dreams.

You can’t ‘opt out of the internet’ or cell phones anymore … you are inextricably linked for survival. And even generic products are provided and consumed by conditioning.

Masks? Phbbbbt! Lol.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:19 AM

426 posts, read 178,090 times
Quote:

Masks? Phbbbbt! Lol.
Interesting argument for forced mask wearing. I’m not sure what a corporatist economy has to do with being forced to wear mask that we don’t even know if had any effect on slowing down covid. I know when I go into a grocery store, the choices are endless.

Old 02-15-2022, 05:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Which is your special mission, why? Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands … most all Europe … is far far far more ‘left’ than California. Are they on your radar too?
That's an interesting point. Europe is more "statist" from its monarchial days than left. Leftism is a modern sheen on a very ancient system that was characterized by guilds. The English speaking countries embraced capitalism as a system far more than Continental Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California