Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 11:01 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Public service message from back east:

It's time to eliminate mask requirements. The game is just about up....
How about just a little bit of freedom?
Celebrities at the super bowl don't need to mask up and neither do your politicians.... but you are making your school kids wear them? End the madness.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/where-w...130227195.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 11:12 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,695,105 times
Anyone with congestion or symptoms of a cold should wear a surgical mask and not be stigmatized for it. Anyone with fragile health should wear an N-95 respirator or better.

As for the rest, sure. Unmask. My healthy neurotypical kids don't have a problem with masks, but there are plenty of kids who struggle with all sorts of mental issues and mass-masking really seems to bother those at-risk kids more than COVID-19 bothers anyone who is vaxxed.

Also, Pennsylvania is like one of the worst states in the country. If I lived there, I would hang out on other forums as well, until I could move somewhere great. So I hope the OP is someday successful enough to make it in California.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:14 AM

4,343 posts, read 2,227,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Public service message from back east:

It's time to eliminate mask requirements. The game is just about up....
How about just a little bit of freedom?
Celebrities at the super bowl don't need to mask up and neither do your politicians.... but you are making your school kids wear them? End the madness.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/where-w...130227195.html
Tomorrow we get some of our freedom back.

Those poor kids though - shameful.

Old 02-14-2022, 11:16 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
"Freedom is overrated"

-most Californians

Old 02-14-2022, 11:40 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Some of us have ignored it from day one

Only had 1 Karen squawk at me for not masking inside a taco shop. By wed we shall be lemming free.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:39 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
"Freedom is overrated"

-most Californians
Very few people anywhere have the slightest idea how little freedom humans have had since … well, since we left the caves. But more contemporaneously, since the digital age has brought conformity and compliance and data-mining and psychological conditioning to stunning extremes.

Aldous Huxley saw it presciently back in the 1930s. Now whiners hilariously chant and protest masks as infringements despite the same people having totally abdicated their minds and souls to control by designed consumerism.

Truly amusing.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:48 PM

317 posts, read 307,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some of us have ignored it from day one

Only had 1 Karen squawk at me for not masking inside a taco shop. By wed we shall be lemming free.
Guess Karen expected you to stick the tacos in your ears???

Old 02-14-2022, 03:50 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya View Post
Guess Karen expected you to stick the tacos in your ears???
Funny thing is, her about 9 yr old kid didn't have a mask. The boogerman works in mysterious ways today. This was after the first wave of Newsom driven hysteria said we didn't have to wear one. Until we had to. Mask on, mask off. Nope. Didn't play the game.

Then again, I worked at a 7/11 smack on the beach and we had a sign out front, no shirt no shoes no service. Like I was going to enforce that nonsense with bikinis and bare feet all day. Nope.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:53 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Anyone with congestion or symptoms of a cold should wear a surgical mask and not be stigmatized for it. Anyone with fragile health should wear an N-95 respirator or better.

As for the rest, sure. Unmask. My healthy neurotypical kids don't have a problem with masks, but there are plenty of kids who struggle with all sorts of mental issues and mass-masking really seems to bother those at-risk kids more than COVID-19 bothers anyone who is vaxxed.

Also, Pennsylvania is like one of the worst states in the country. If I lived there, I would hang out on other forums as well, until I could move somewhere great. So I hope the OP is someday successful enough to make it in California.
Masks are a way to a depersonalized, sad world. A true dystopia.

Old 02-14-2022, 04:13 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Masks are a way to a depersonalized, sad world. A true dystopia.
“Masks” ??? Lololololololololololololol …

I knew a woman once who wanted a handrail installed for her two steps down kitchen to dining room transition. She was worried about her safety. She smoked two packs of cigarettes a day, smoked weed morning till night, ate a crappy diet, and was an alcoholic.

That’s about the same level of nuts as thinking masks are the path to oppression while we all live integrally with cyber-lifestyle and data-mining surveillance, by our own volition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California