Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:21 PM

115 posts, read 175,040 times

Advertisements

Im planning to go the University of California:Santa Barbera (but its in nearby Goleta) as an option. What is the vibe of the school and what are the people like there. Does it have an accredited architecture degree? What is the tuition? Are there cliffs near the ocean, like in some areas in California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 06:31 PM

188 posts, read 920,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherewillitland View Post
Im planning to go the University of California:Santa Barbera (but its in nearby Goleta) as an option. What is the vibe of the school and what are the people like there. Does it have an accredited architecture degree? What is the tuition? Are there cliffs near the ocean, like in some areas in California?
For Architecture definitely look into Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, it has an esteemed department and is nearby on the Central Coast. I dont believe UCSB has an arch department, look it up on their site, it should have tuition costs too. Very fun, beach town collegiate atmosphere, unlike other UC's which are more commuter oriented. Cal Poly is a bit inland, but due to the fact its far from a major city as well, does have a real college town feel as well.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 PM

its close enough to the beach so it seems like there would be beac town collegiate atmostphere there too.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:36 PM

764 posts, read 2,039,205 times
Quote:
All of this info can be found on UCSB's website. And you should always visit any school you're considering attending so you can see it for yourself.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:19 PM

The websites arent always accurate and can be misleading. I want to hear it from another person's perspective.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:41 PM

Well, if you're interested in a degree in architecture, UCSB doesn't even have an architecture program, so your questions are moot. Is that the degree you want? If so, you need to look at another school

Old 11-29-2008, 02:07 PM

305 posts, read 1,730,656 times
Quote:
The websites arent always accurate and can be misleading. I want to hear it from another person's perspective.
School websites are the best place to start and answer basic questions like what majors are offered and what tuition costs; since UCSB doesn't offer an architecture degree, you would have been best served by visiting the website.

Here's a list of all the degrees (and majors) offered at UCSB: UCSB Majors, Degrees, & Credentials

Old 11-29-2008, 11:04 PM

hmm unless i dont want to pursue architecture anymore, this school is out of the question. What is California Polytechnic(sp?) like?

Old 11-30-2008, 06:32 PM

598 posts, read 2,076,115 times
If you want Cal Poly, you'd better hurry.....the application is due TODAY.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
hmm unless i dont want to pursue architecture anymore, this school is out of the question. What is California Polytechnic(sp?) like?
It's a great school. The ARCH program is not that easy to get into, so it's competitive. The town is great--about 10 miles from the coast.

If you're serious about attending a college in CA (and can afford the out-of-state tuition and cost of living), you should narrow down a list and then take a trip out to see the campuses yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California