Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:44 PM

212 posts, read 640,706 times

Advertisements

I moved to CA almost 3 years ago. I too, when I saw that "Welcome to CA" sign, was all
Then I found out what it's like here,,,and now I'm

I am leaving in June. When I see a "You are leaving California" sign I will be

Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 PM

268 posts, read 899,956 times
FLORIDA is the future... Because in due time California will eventually be way to crowded, even more costly and more problem across the Board. Just turn on your TV, and get a load of all those silly reality shows, all based in LA. All that spending... and when the bottom falls out, Cali natives bit*h and moan for a bail out! It's a fact than more Californians move to Florida than any other state. Ok, here ya go... Now all you guys are gonna start your jealousy tirads! Here's my crib (inland)... Purchased in 99 for $140k and appraised recenly over $300k. A huge lot and backyard tropical with my own private pond. Now where in SF valley you got this? Studio City? Yea right!!!
Attached Thumbnails
More people leaving the state than entering this year-beach-004.jpg   More people leaving the state than entering this year-backyard-013.jpg   More people leaving the state than entering this year-backyard-008.jpg  

Last edited by The Floridian; 01-19-2009 at 11:22 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
I'd show you my "crib" but unfortunately, I'm not that computer savvy.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:21 PM

Here ya go Californians....

Oh yea, I forgot.. the bugs... ah, yea we had a few bugs today.

My coastal crib. From left: front yard, backyard, pool, my retired boys teeing off and V-Rods in the Bat Cave. And yea, Florida really sucks.
Attached Thumbnails
More people leaving the state than entering this year-guides-001.jpg   More people leaving the state than entering this year-oceans-eight-100.jpg   More people leaving the state than entering this year-oceans-eight-003.jpg   More people leaving the state than entering this year-oceans-eight-215.jpg   More people leaving the state than entering this year-oceans-eight-265.jpg  

Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Oh, and if I divulged what I paid for this little beach pad in 2001 and what it's worth today... well, you might feel like something the dog stepped in.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
I'm glad you are happy and proud of where you live. I too am quite happy in my home here in the Coachella Valley.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:15 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,292,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Floridian View Post
It's a fact than more Californians move to Florida than any other state. Ok, here ya go... Now all you guys are gonna start your jealousy tirads!

You just make this stuff up as you go along. 9,000 people moved out of Florida last year. Florida now has an out migration problem, same as California.

http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/20...ey/table_1.pdf

Old 01-20-2009, 08:28 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,242,068 times
I'd rather be castrated without pain killers than live in Florida.
Let's see, Hurricanes, Alligators, deliverance style rednecks, Large KKK membership, Retired NewYorkers, Major Humidity, Bugs...
California with all it's problems is heaven next to Florida.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,494,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
I'd rather be castrated without pain killers than live in Florida.
Let's see, Hurricanes, Alligators, deliverance style rednecks, Large KKK membership, Retired NewYorkers, Major Humidity, Bugs...
California with all it's problems is heaven next to Florida.
Hilarious and so true.

That really is my only problem with FL, it's definitely livable but too many closed minded people for me. Oh and the economy there sucks.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Floridian View Post
Oh, and if I divulged what I paid for this little beach pad in 2001 and what it's worth today... well, you might feel like something the dog stepped in.
Maybe things are differant in your part of Florida. Maybe your home retained its value when the rest of the state and most of the nation declined in value. Or it could be that you purchased it before the upswing in price and it has now returned to a value near what you paid or slightly over what you paid for it. maybe all the economist, real estate professionals, and investment people are not correct and your part of the world has maintained its value and even increased in value. Maybe you are the only one that has not lost value in real estate. They missed your place when properties were being appraised while your neighbors lost money. Yea, that is what happened. None of those stories that we read about Florida Real Estate are true.

I know some other people in California that are holding to the thought that their homes have maintained value while their neighbors have declined. I know one guy that told me his street still has homes selling in the $600,000 range. I broke it to him gently that the home four doors down from him was on the market for $260,000. He still thinks that the value of his home is at the top. Good for him. At the same time he isn't selling, so what does it matter. I did enjoy the pictures of your place though. Happy that you are happy with it. Just wondering? Where is the moiuntain view and the places to go skiing? You could go water skiing I guess. I love that as well. Also how is the surfing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California