Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:51 PM

11 posts, read 75,185 times

Advertisements

Hey - I was hoping someone could help me out. We are thinking of moving to LA - husband offered job...He will be traveling a lot so he'll need to be fairly close (not too close) to the airport. We really do want the BEST schools - is that even possible near LAX? We have children....

And if not - what would be an area that has the easiest commute that's safe and has great schools? Looking for nice home too. I know they are expensive.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 08:31 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,256,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsBelles View Post
Hey - I was hoping someone could help me out. We are thinking of moving to LA - husband offered job...He will be traveling a lot so he'll need to be fairly close (not too close) to the airport. We really do want the BEST schools - is that even possible near LAX? We have children....

And if not - what would be an area that has the easiest commute that's safe and has great schools? Looking for nice home too. I know they are expensive.

Thanks!
Manhattan Beach.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 PM

32 posts, read 242,577 times
El Segundo...or Hermosa...or Redondo...you can't go wrong with any of the beach cities...

Old 03-22-2007, 11:03 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,256,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockyis1 View Post
El Segundo...or Hermosa...or Redondo...you can't go wrong with any of the beach cities...
El Segundo is probably a little bit too close to the airport and the schools in Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach aren't as good as those in Manhattan Beach.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:50 PM

595 posts, read 1,255,516 times
Default El Seguno and Manhattan Beach have my votes

Very close to LAX and good schools and homes!

Old 03-23-2007, 05:10 PM

4 posts, read 48,653 times
El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach are all within 15 minutes of the airport. 20-30 minutes away would include Redondo Beach and the Palos Verdes Peninsula. All of these cities have good schools.

I have developed web pages with a vast amount of information about each of the beach cities in the South Bay of Los Angeles. I have separate pages with information about each of the cities of Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills and Rolling Hills Estates, San Pedro, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, and El Segundo. Each of these pages on each of the cities includes demographic information, information on the cities' neighborhoods, school, information, parks and recreation information, cultural facilities, property tax rates, and much more. I also have separate pages on each of these cities history, including a great resource page for the overall history of the South Bay of Los Angeles. These pages, and their links can be accessed at my home page of http://www.maureenmegowan.com .

This information is far more extensive than any other resource available on the internet and I thought you might be interested on linking these pages from your web site.

My local newspaper, in fact, recently did a feature article on us:http://www.maureenmegowan.com/PageMa...D=1986733&NF=1

Thank you
Maureen Megowan

Old 03-25-2007, 05:09 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,041 times
I thought Marina del Rey was lovely. Also, parts of Playa del Rey aren't bad.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
i go to el segudno high. definately the best school district. small classes, great test scores, great kids

Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 PM

157 posts, read 828,506 times
I Love Marina Del Rey, and agree that parts of Playa are nice. However, they are LAUSD, and not even schools for advanced studies within LAUSD, so I can't recommend the schools in those neighborhoods. Sorry I have to agree with the other posters that Manhattan and Redondo Beach are your best bets!

Old 05-07-2007, 11:19 PM

989 posts, read 5,923,606 times
Manhattan Beach, easily one of the best places to live.

Blue ribbon schools, clean beaches, friendly people, and family atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California