Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Cirt is the Capital/Main Hub of the I.E.
Riverside 30 46.88%
San Bernandino 30 46.88%
Ontario 5 7.81%
Other(Name It) 3 4.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:53 PM

79 posts, read 386,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscenes View Post
I voted for Riverside. I'm always surprised how many nice neighborhoods there are in Riverside plus UC Riverside and a nice downtown. Hate to say it but San Berdoo is a s**t hole.
Dont get your house and SB confused. Ohh yea thats why SB has Kohls, Mattle, Pep Boys, Stater Brothers, cause its a S**t Hole... Riverside has what? A NICE airport? Nope, try trash. Hilton Hotel? Nope. City known for Mountains/Snow/Desert Destinations? Let me answer that, NOPE! Busiest metrolink line? NOPE!! (more like least used metrolink line) TOP downtown project plans? Nope. Thats why I thought Riv. is not better than SB, streetscenes go clean your eyes and suck a d!@%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 09:10 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salcan View Post
streetscenes go clean your eyes and suck a d!@%
Did someone forget their meds again?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Also who will have the International Airport?
The one that already does, Ontario.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
The one that already does, Ontario.
Sadly Ontario is losing its airport, thanks to LA City. And no I did not forget my meds??? Its just i got a little out of hand, and I appologize , I just hate crap talkers.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:21 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Since SB is the county seat of the largest county in the U.S. I'd give it the edge, at least from a geographical perspective.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 PM

San Bernardino is the newest urban core in california, and one of the 3 with Los Angles and San Diego....see here : SAN BERNARDINO l Re-establishment as One of Southern California's Three Urban Cores - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,211,665 times
San Bernardino

Old 07-03-2012, 09:33 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Both San Bernardino and Riverside are equal in this regard in my opinion.
Whenever I read or hear the phrase "Inland Empire" I always hear in my head "Riverside-SB".

Riverside is the larger city but both seem to have equal influence. In other metro areas one city almost always dominates. Few people think of San Diego AND Chula Vista for example.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:44 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
San Bernardino is becoming the IE hub, actually both Riverside and SB are, they both sare the crown and all ways will. Also Cal-State SB has been voted one of the nicest campuses, thought I would let you know. Also who will have the International Airport? SAN BERNARDINO, whose downtown will add a lot of new sky scrappers, not just 1 but A LOT.....San Bernardino.....SB has Riverside's, and Ontarios support for becoming the next major city. SB has room for expansion, while Riverside is tight (thats why they are trying to annex all of these CDP's), and Ontario is hitting capacity and both ONT and RIV's locations are not favorable for expansion, while SB is. SB is also on interstate maps while Riv is not. But I thing San Bernardino and Riverside are really and always will be twin cities, and will develop into a major twin-city metropolitan area (i.e. Dallas-Ft. Worth, Minn.-St. Paul, Kansas City (KS)-Kansas City (MO), San Fran-San Jose(not really known as a twin-city metro, but they are indeed). Also Riv is not all nice, it has some UGLY parts just how SB has some NICE areas too (North Part of town).
That's because it's a tri-city metro.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM

852 posts, read 3,815,049 times
I'm going to vote for none of the above. Ontario (barely) has the region's airport, but people in Corona have no connection to San Bernardino, and people in Yucaipa have no connection to Eastvale. The IE is a series of cities, some bigger than the other, with inward-looking focuses. And it seems highly doubtful that Riverside-San Bernardino, as cities, will be perceived as complements to Minneapolis-St. Paul or other adjacent metros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California