Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:58 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
$68.00 for a 8 yr old car (2002) is a fair fee. My car is 25 yrs old & i currently pay $67.00 but its suppose to spike 10.00 this nov to 77.00. The counties have their dirty hands in our pockets now as well. Ca ranks #3 as the highest dmv fees in the nation. Ny is #1 & NJ is #2.
Could increase a lot more if the park tax gets approved... another $18 is the number I'm hearing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Could increase a lot more if the park tax gets approved... another $18 is the number I'm hearing.
John & ken on kfi are talking about that on the radio. If the park tax passes ill be paying 95.00 yr registration for my 85 olds. There is talk about increasing the non op fee as well. Its crazy that you gotta pay a fee if you dont want to drive your car (its also to avoid the gross late fees & penalties). I really despise the legislature. california is taxifornia.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
John & ken on kfi are talking about that on the radio. If the park tax passes ill be paying 95.00 yr registration for my 85 olds. There is talk about increasing the non op fee as well. Its crazy that you gotta pay a fee if you dont want to drive your car (its also to avoid the gross late fees & penalties). I really despise the legislature. california is taxifornia.
The Non-Op Fee was presented as a minimum, revenue neutral... something like $5 fee.

It's should be a crime that California charges vehicle owners NOT TO OPERATE their vehicle

Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
The Non-Op Fee was presented as a minimum, revenue neutral... something like $5 fee.

It's should be a crime that California charges vehicle owners NOT TO OPERATE their vehicle
NO the crime is that they charge anything at all , my 2002 40 ft 5th wheel RV registration fee "0", my 1996 dually pick up registration fee ? (0), why you ask are they sooooo low ? because i know that DMV should not and can not legally charge you anything nor can they or any State force you into contract with anyone ( thats you constitutional right ) as i have stated many times check out "Right to drive , Justice Tolman ". Interesting reading but true . My vehicles look great without license plates. Have a great day.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
NO the crime is that they charge anything at all , my 2002 40 ft 5th wheel RV registration fee "0", my 1996 dually pick up registration fee ? (0), why you ask are they sooooo low ? because i know that DMV should not and can not legally charge you anything nor can they or any State force you into contract with anyone ( thats you constitutional right ) as i have stated many times check out "Right to drive , Justice Tolman ". Interesting reading but true . My vehicles look great without license plates. Have a great day.
How do you handle impounds? The local police department is quick to impound vehicles and it is very costly to get your vehicle released.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
How do you handle impounds? The local police department is quick to impound vehicles and it is very costly to get your vehicle released.
6 yrs now , No impounds , I have posted about what your rights are for years now. with knowledge of your rights, there are thousands of us out there doing as i do and our vehicles are not impounded by the police. Read what Justice Tolman of Washington state say as to your to right driving un-restricted by having to register you vehicles . Only commercial vehicles fall under the control of the DMV, use of the highways for a profit. When you understand that traveling on the public highways is in fact a right , not a privilege as most cops think and state untill they are educated in that area.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
6 yrs now , No impounds , I have posted about what your rights are for years now. with knowledge of your rights, there are thousands of us out there doing as i do and our vehicles are not impounded by the police. Read what Justice Tolman of Washington state say as to your to right driving un-restricted by having to register you vehicles . Only commercial vehicles fall under the control of the DMV, use of the highways for a profit. When you understand that traveling on the public highways is in fact a right , not a privilege as most cops think and state untill they are educated in that area.
Im just totally surprised the police are not harassing you. Its exspenive to have a vehicle in ca. How bout auto insurance. Is that a must even for a old car like mine ?

Old 04-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:

I agree! The legislature saw it as a big revenue maker & increased the fee to 10.00, 15.00, 17.00 & now 18.00. I have to non op my 90 Tbird this aug. If i dont i will be receving many letters from the dmv demanding my hard earned money. Now i see why they are often called the dept of moron vehicles. Drivers licenses recently increased to 31.00...UGH!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Im just totally surprised the police are not harassing you. Its expensive to have a vehicle in ca. How bout auto insurance. Is that a must even for a old car like mine ?
When the cops are shown what Justice Tolman 's rulings were in this area they call a supervisor who then concurs , don't mess with him it not worth it and I go on my way . Fact is that anyone can do this. Anyone can go out and get Liability insurance to cover the other guy, and if they (the insurance co. ) don't want to insure the car because it is not registered then they are served the papers from justice Tolman and also with a proposed law suite for their refusal to insure a ticket free driver. No it is not easy , but as I have shown it is due able, and in the end you have kept you constitutional rights in tact and saved money.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I must clarify my statement, While my vehicles don't have DMV license plates . In their place is my own , home made Identification placard which has a UCC-1 filing number, a description of the vehicle which includes the Vin #, My name and address( California DMV code 370 tell you to do this to establish who the owner of the vehicle is ). When you do that and get stopped by the cops they can't legally take your personal property without a proper court hearing BEFORE they give your personal property to another person ( The Tow truck driver) . Please read this over and over .Thats the Law I make them obey their own law's. the cops are violating These every day. Thats why I do not have my vehicles impounded . As I keep saying " Knowledge, without it we are all dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California