Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:56 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times

Advertisements

The ca legislature has a all-time 27 yr low approval rating of 13% & Govenor Benedict Arnolds approval rating is 33%.The citizens of ca (minus the illegal alians & state workers incl the corupt teachers union) are fed up with these low life, thieving coward politicians.I dont blame anyone for wanting to move to another state (except New York,N.J & Mass).Its only going to get worse in ca.

Listen to John & Ken on KFI AM 640,Los Angeles from 3-7 pm,m-f.(4-7 on sat).They tell it like it is with all the facts.Vote NO on propositions 1A through 1E this month.Lets send a message to these greedy rat bastards who dont give a damn about us..the tax payers in california.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:09 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Listen to John & Ken on KFI AM 640,Los Angeles from 3-7 pm,m-f.(4-7 on sat).They tell it like it is with all the facts.
You realize that John and Ken (who are to L.A. what Savage is to the Bay Area) don't believe a SINGLE word they're saying according to their ex-colleague John Ziegler? They just say what their audience wants to hear.

You also realize that many people on this board do NOT live within the range of KFI or in the Los Angeles area? Who would you recommend the people in NorCal, Central Cal, San Diego, the IE, etc. listen to?

This is not denying that CA is in VERY serious trouble, that the political system in CA is totally dysfunctional, and that the legislature deserves its low poll numbers, but John & Ken are just sensationalist demagogues.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You realize that John and Ken (who are to L.A. what Savage is to the Bay Area) don't believe a SINGLE word they're saying according to their ex-colleague John Ziegler? They just say what their audience wants to hear.

You also realize that many people on this board do NOT live within the range of KFI or in the Los Angeles area? Who would you recommend the people in NorCal, Central Cal, San Diego, the IE, etc. listen to?

This is not denying that CA is in VERY serious trouble, that the political system in CA is totally dysfunctional, and that the legislature deserves its low poll numbers, but John & Ken are just sensationalist demagogues.
Everyones entitled to their own opinion.Ziegler is & always will be a idiot.I do know alot of people dont live within the L.A.range but many do.The John & Ken show has a listening audience of over 1 million.I listen to them almost daily.The ca legislature is just horrid.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:44 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,703 times
Not a fan of John and Ken or any right wing radio talk show host for that matter.. BUT, I am also not a fan of the California state legislator or the Governor..

I'm a fairly liberal person (registered Declined to State usually vote Democrat), but am considering voting Republican (for the first time) in the 2010 Governor's race because of the financial and other messes that our state is in, and the Democratic candidates are horrible.. Gavin Newsom has turned San Francisco into a dirty sesspool, Villragosa is a racist, and Jerry Brown has already been Governor not to mention the homicide rate increased when he was Mayor of Oakland.. Our legislature is busy making "nanny" state laws and raising taxes on working class people (well.. many are UNEMPLOYED), and our state is scaring businesses away.. Not to mention the Illegal Immigration problem..

Last edited by bipolarpunk; 05-03-2009 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: add words

Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times
Quote:
The citizens of ca (minus the illegal alians & state workers incl the corupt teachers union) are fed up with these low life, thieving coward politicians.
There's one problem with your logic. The citizens of California keep voting those people back into office. What that means to me is either (1) the majority of citizens like their legislators and governor, or (2) the people who are fed up aren't bothering to vote!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
The ca legislature has a all-time 27 yr low approval rating of 13% & Govenor Benedict Arnolds approval rating is 33%.The citizens of ca (minus the illegal alians & state workers incl the corupt teachers union) are fed up with these low life, thieving coward politicians.
Au contraire! You know not whereof you speak which may be from somewhere below your mouth.

Remember, state workers are also CA citizens and are equally hurt by the dithering of the politicians. In fact, they're often the first ones subjected to wage and benefit cuts, furloughs and lay-offs. There is no love lost between them and their "Masters."

My wife is a retired state legislative analyst and I'm a more recently retired senior manager and supervising legislative analyst. We are both "decline to states," have been for years and deplore the gamesmanship and tawdriness of the Legislature and the less than useful policies of the Governor. We probably arrived at those views long before the rest of the population because we know the systems of governance so well and worked with both houses as well as the Governor's Office.

Coincidentally, we're flying about 2,000 miles east in a month to find and purchase a home. We've said all along that when the time came we'd retire ABC -- Anywhere But California!

Old 05-03-2009, 01:08 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
A Sac Bee editorial today supporting a lot of the sentiments expressed in this thread, the story itself portrays a pretty disgusting picture of our legislative process:

"Any time you do a ballot measure – any ballot measure – you always sit around and say, 'Who could be the potential opposition?' " said Assembly Speaker Karen Bass, a Los Angeles Democrat and one of four lawmakers at the negotiating table. "You also always sit around and say, 'How do I get that opposition on board or neutral at best?' "

The entire architecture of the ballot pact that emerged was heavily shaped by leaders' desire to please – or at least neutralize – the state's most powerful political players.

Now, some of those very interest groups protected in the budget deal are bankrolling the campaign to ratify it.

California ballot package caters to special interests - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1829631.html - broken link)

Old 05-03-2009, 01:09 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Quote:
The ca legislature has a all-time 27 yr low approval rating of 13% & Govenor Benedict Arnolds approval rating is 33%.The citizens of ca (minus the illegal alians & state workers incl the corupt teachers union) are fed up with these low life, thieving coward politicians.I dont blame anyone for wanting to move to another state (except New York,N.J & Mass).Its only going to get worse in ca.

Listen to John & Ken on KFI AM 640,Los Angeles from 3-7 pm,m-f.(4-7 on sat).They tell it like it is with all the facts.Vote NO on propositions 1A through 1E this month.Lets send a message to these greedy rat bastards who dont give a damn about us..the tax payers in California.
You are so out of sync with California & would be much happier elsewhere, right? Schwarzenegger is from your party but like many Republicans, you prefer to follow the dead-end "Grand OLD Party of the South" [have you checked out Texas? Their governor appointed a "creationist" to head the board of education]. Don't you think that would be more your speed?

Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Not a fan of John and Ken or any right wing radio talk show host for that matter.. BUT, I am also not a fan of the California state legislator or the Governor..

I'm a fairly liberal person (registered Declined to State usually vote Democrat), but am considering voting Republican (for the first time) in the 2010 Governor's race because of the financial and other messes that our state is in, and the Democratic candidates are horrible.. Gavin Newsom has turned San Francisco into a dirty sesspool, Villragosa is a racist, and Jerry Brown has already been Governor not to mention the homicide rate increased when he was Mayor of Oakland.. Our legislature is busy making "nanny" state laws and raising taxes on working class people (well.. many are UNEMPLOYED), and our state is scaring businesses away.. Not to mention the Illegal Immigration problem..
I think you are right to vote Republican since your vote will not count!

Old 05-03-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Au contraire! You know not whereof you speak which may be from somewhere below your mouth.

Remember, state workers are also CA citizens and are equally hurt by the dithering of the politicians. In fact, they're often the first ones subjected to wage and benefit cuts, furloughs and lay-offs. There is no love lost between them and their "Masters."

My wife is a retired state legislative analyst and I'm a more recently retired senior manager and supervising legislative analyst. We are both "decline to states," have been for years and deplore the gamesmanship and tawdriness of the Legislature and the less than useful policies of the Governor. We probably arrived at those views long before the rest of the population because we know the systems of governance so well and worked with both houses as well as the Governor's Office.

Coincidentally, we're flying about 2,000 miles east in a month to find and purchase a home. We've said all along that when the time came we'd retire ABC -- Anywhere But California!
You know I always listen to you, Curmudgeon but you must know living in another state will not change anything for you. What other state is not in fiscal crisis? What other state doesn't deal with crazy legislators\ governors? [Spitzer- NY\ Blagojevich-Illinois\ Perry-Tx\ Stanford-NC, etc Republican & Democrat]. Move to a poor state & you may never get your roads paved\ sub-standard education\ sub-standard hospitals\ high unwed mothers\ high federal aid\ unending Baptist desires to look into your bedroom\ racism\ sexism, the list goes on].

Like Don Quixote, it is all a mirage, my friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California