Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:40 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,229,601 times

Advertisements

A new player in the burger wars is expanding in California, one that I am completely unfamiliar with, and only heard of recently. The buzz is that they are supposed to go head to head with In-N-Out. A little research has turned up mixed reviews and comments. Many like the food, but also remarks that the food is overpriced. Reviews and opinions needed, perhaps by those that have patronized the chain in other areas where they are established. Is Five Guys worth a try when they come to our area, or should we stay with our present favorites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 01:46 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,029,172 times
Quote:
Is Five Guys worth a try when they come to our area
For the price of a hamburger, it seems worth the try.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:56 PM

14 posts, read 46,351 times
Sounds like good competition for In and Out. I personally like the burger place The Habit.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:14 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,777,818 times
For me this is how it stacks up: In-n-Out has the better burger, but Five Guys has the better fries. Both are better than typical fast food fare.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:38 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,851,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuoteWarz Insurance View Post
I personally like the burger place The Habit.
Second!

Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,595,687 times
We have them here in South Florida, good burgers and fresh cut fries that are deep fried in peanut oil. Everything is made to order, the prices are very reasonable.

It's a no fuss place your food is handed to you in a brown paper bag even if your dining in. The menu is very small, with minimal selections. I prefer Moe's Southwest Grill or Baja Fresh style food but a good burger every now and then works.

They are based out of the DC area I believe?

Home Page | Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Old 12-10-2009, 02:59 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,976,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Is Five Guys worth a try when they come to our area, or should we stay with our present favorites?
Do you over analyze every aspect of life like you did here? It's a burger joint fercrissakes, go give them a try and find out for yourself.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:04 PM

758 posts, read 2,891,005 times
Burgers are similar to In-N-Out, but with tons and better optional toppings (for no additional cost).

Fries are fresh cut, come in a ridiculous amounts, have a cajun option, and blow In-N-Out out of the water.

If a 5 guys and an In-N-Out were side by side close to my home I would never eat at an INO again.....sadly I have neither, but my heart and arteries are thankful.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
A new player in the burger wars is expanding in California, one that I am completely unfamiliar with, and only heard of recently. The buzz is that they are supposed to go head to head with In-N-Out. A little research has turned up mixed reviews and comments. Many like the food, but also remarks that the food is overpriced. Reviews and opinions needed, perhaps by those that have patronized the chain in other areas where they are established. Is Five Guys worth a try when they come to our area, or should we stay with our present favorites?
Though I have never had one, I have a son in law and a grandson in law who have tried both. They still INnOut is better but it is a toss up. If I were in Ca right now I would give them a try. My problem, I would be so prejudise I don't think I would find them as good..

Nita

Old 12-10-2009, 03:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
We have them here in South Florida, good burgers and fresh cut fries that are deep fried in peanut oil. Everything is made to order, the prices are very reasonable.

It's a no fuss place your food is handed to you in a brown paper bag even if your dining in. The menu is very small, with minimal selections. I prefer Moe's Southwest Grill or Baja Fresh style food but a good burger every now and then works.

They are based out of the DC area I believe?

Home Page | Five Guys Burgers and Fries
actually sounds almost identical to InnOut.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California