Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:59 AM

50 posts, read 159,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Oakland View Post
You're lucky I owe the IRS and State over $10,000. Why? Because I got a raise and I don't own a home. I have no idea how I'm going to pay this back.
Christ, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you can work somthing out. I really do.

They do let you do installment payments these days... but that's like saying 'instead of taking a pound of flesh all at once we'll take it an ounce at a time.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 PM

50 posts, read 159,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
California starts with your Federal adjusted gross income. So if you itemize on your Federal return and your mortgage interest went down, all else being equal, you'd have a higher Federal AGI. Throw in a slightly higher income and that explains paying more. California's income tax brackets have a very steep curve to them so some can easily get in a situation where their incomes goes up a little but their tax goes through the roof.
True -I did get slightly more back from the Feds, which is why I'm griping about the principle of the payment and not the amount.

It's getting scary out there, yunno?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California