Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 PM

162 posts, read 270,560 times

Advertisements

I will be walking every street of Toronto for a global warming campaign And first person to do so. I will start later this year. Do you think that continuing through the winter is a good idea to complete it on time? I already planned out all the routes and it will take me 285 days. I really hope that winter does not hold me back or I won't beat new york's matt green attempting his city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Wow thats some undertaking best of luck and welcome to the forum eh

Winter shouldnt be a problem for walking unless the city gets a major blizzard whereby it may take a couple of days to get the sidewalks cleared,i'd count on a couple of minor snow delays,
Another problem you may encounter is ice covered sidewalks,you might want to go to Canadian Tire and pick up a pair of ice cleats that fit on your shoes..
http://www.activeforever.com/p-2061-...ce-cleats.aspx

Last edited by jambo101; 09-02-2012 at 01:04 AM..

Old 09-02-2012, 06:42 AM

162 posts, read 270,560 times
Thank you. If this winter is as easy as the last there will be almost no problem at all. Toronto in general seems to get less adverse weather condititions than places all around it. I hope people don't deny global warming in the winter due to the cold because this global issue does not take a break during our winter!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:29 AM

178 posts, read 523,964 times
Remember that global warming will in fact help your endeavor by making it a more comfortable walk

I in the meantime will be doing my part by being stuck on the 401 everyday...

Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
I will be walking every street of Toronto for a global warming campaign
What is a global warming campaign?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 AM

218 posts, read 510,149 times
You mean you want to raise awareness that global warning is a fraud created to control people, shut down economy and extract tax money? Or the goal is to support biggest con artist in history Al Gore (involved with Enron and California energy price hikes and blackouts) and his eugenicist cronies? If it's for the latter, I'd tell ya-- go to hell.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourist View Post
You mean you want to raise awareness that global warning is a fraud created to control people, shut down economy and extract tax money? Or the goal is to support biggest con artist in history Al Gore (involved with Enron and California energy price hikes and blackouts) and his eugenicist cronies? If it's for the latter, I'd tell ya-- go to hell.
So in your estimation Global warming is just a hoax?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So in your estimation Global warming is just a hoax?
Of course it's a hoax. The debate is political, not scientific. Scientifically they refuse to even discuss and just bully and threaten those who disagree, like firing professors who refuse to buy into this scam.

There has always been climate change caused primarily by activity of The Sun (sunspot cycles). There was a Medieval Warm Period and The Little Ice Age which occurred after it. There's no evidence that change in global temperatures is influenced largely by CO2. In fact, a period in this planet's history with the historically highest CO2 levels (times higher levels than we have now) wasn't even a warm one. What they don't tell you is that other planets also heat up/cool down which is caused of course by sunspot activity cycles.

Climate change advocates are useful idiots helping to deindustrialize, impoverish and bring us down to our knees to the satisfaction of a bunch of megalomaniacs.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourist View Post

Of course it's a hoax. ..... There has always been climate change caused primarily by activity of The Sun (sunspot cycles).
So regardless of the debates about CO2 - are you saying that climate change is not happening again right now?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 AM

"the consensus was reached even before research began.."

"if you can't defeat a person rationally, you start attacking the person.."

"most of IPCC scientists are bureaucrats, not scientists at all.."

"IPCC sugests that sun is not a factor, quite remarkable.."

watch 1:40:58-1:46:30 (time is pre-linked in URL)

Fall of the Republic HQ full length version - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada