Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasturtle View Post
Couldn't answer the question without dying in shame I see.
What

Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
I didn't!

Looks like I answered my question.
Well you will like Rick Mercers Talking to Americans then

Rick Mercer Talking to Americans Part 1 - YouTube
Enjoy

Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
^
Lol, Australians also like treating us like celebrities.

Stupid Americans.. - YouTube

Old 01-06-2013, 05:08 PM

654 posts, read 1,496,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Well you will like Rick Mercers Talking to Americans then

Rick Mercer Talking to Americans Part 1 - YouTube
Enjoy
You can do the exact same thing in much of Canada and Canadians wouldn't be able to answer questions about the USA.

Rick Mercer is a typical "smug" Canadian.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:09 PM

54 posts, read 114,551 times
Poor things. 30 year old country should not feel so bad about itself about being a non-entity on the global stage. Is therapy a big thing up there?

Nobody should insult or hit at a country and not expect its people to hit back.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
What
My question to the Canadians. I asked them what was the name of "country" from 1967 to 1982. None of them has been able to answer. No wonder the only frank Canada in this thread said he has been "Canadian" longer than "Canada" is Canada.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Quote:
I didn't!

Looks like I answered my question.
I'm not Canadian. I live thousands of miles away in a different continent. Yet I do know that Canada has a Prime Minister and his name is Stephen Harper. Your post says much more about the arrogance and insular ignorance of some Americans such as yourself than it does about Canada.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:17 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
I'm amazed at how certain elements of the media boost up the hype about the preoccupation Canadians have with Americans, that we either have an inferiority or superiority complex blah blah blah. The truth of the matter is most Canadians are too busy dealing with our life than to worry about the United States! If asked specifically, people will offer an opinion but most Canadians don't go to bed or wake up thinking about the U.S. This is in spite of American cultural and retail dominence in our country.

Personally I have nothing against Americans though I relate to blue state america vs red state and that is true for most of us.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times
The problem is you're equating small elements that don't represent the vast majority of the views held by 35 million people. If it makes you feel better insaulting Canada and provide therapy for you than knock yourself out!

Quote:
Poor things. 30 year old country should not feel so bad about itself about being a non-entity on the global stage. Is therapy a big thing up there?

Nobody should insult or hit at a country and not expect its people to hit back.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I'm amazed at how certain elements of the media boost up the hype about the preoccupation Canadians have with Americans, that we either have an inferiority or superiority complex blah blah blah. The truth of the matter is most Canadians are too busy dealing with our life than to worry about the United States! If asked specifically, people will offer an opinion but most Canadians don't go to bed or wake up thinking about the U.S. This is in spite of American cultural and retail dominence in our country.

Personally I have nothing against Americans though I relate to blue state america vs red state and that is true for most of us.

Are you saying your media is running an agenda that's incongruous with the sentiment on the ground in your country? Looking at the youtube videos posted by Canadians on this thread, why would the host have done that and made it a viable news story? So he (and the rest of the media in your country) has a personal agenda that's not reflective of the rest of the country?

What about the presence of your countrymen on the Internet gloating when natural disasters afflict the USA?

Don't expect to insult or attack somebody's countrymen and country and expect to receive no retaliation is what I can say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada