Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing you genuine felt you were being intelligent while you were typing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Fortunately the law has more common sense and it's not up to people like you to call the shots on what the definition of discrimination is, along with a peculiar animosity against a segment of the population. And and could you please elaborate on how the life and love that I share with my partner is destructive to society, let alone myself?

And since the bible is so important to you, why do you obsess over the issue of homosexuality? Why aren't you picketing at oyster farms or barring lobster fishermen in Nova Scotia (Leviticus 11:12)? Or why arn't you in Ottawa trying to overthrow female politicians (Timothy 2:12)? Perhaps you might consider condoning slavery (Peter 2:18)? Have you checked your clothing tags lately (Leviticus 19:19)?

But hey, so much for Luke 6:37 right?
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Don't you just love cherry picking? So as I was was previously asking; what's the deal with the chip on your shoulder towards gay people anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 03:36 PM

The "mainstream" Mormon church has only publicly changed its tune when it comes to polygamy, but the latter issue is not the most concerning about Mormons. Even if they all genuinely renounced and ceased practicing polygamy, the "church" would still be a cult founded on the teachings of a false prophet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Real deviancy means going against what is socially acceptable or going against the norm. I guess you approve of the scandalously deviant shenanigans going on in Bountiful then?

Charges have been laid against the so-called Christian religious leaders of multiple marriages, cross border child trafficking of little girls for the purpose of marriage to old men, multiple child marriages, sexual abuse and their women and girls being isolated and brain-washed all in the name of religious freedom. Even other ethical Christian churches across Canada as well as the Mormon church in USA have spoken out against the problems in Bountiful and the Mormon Church is suing the religious leaders of Bountiful.

Charges laid against Bountiful leader Winston Blackmore after judge rules Charter should not protect polygamists | National Post

The problem with Bountiful - The United Church Observer

Bountiful, British Columbia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-22-2014, 06:40 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
The "mainstream" Mormon church has only publicly changed its tune when it comes to polygamy, but the latter issue is not the most concerning about Mormons. Even if they all genuinely renounced and ceased practicing polygamy, the "church" would still be a cult founded on the teachings of a false prophet.
ALL religions are cults. Even Christianity and all 43,000 denominations of Christianity are all cults, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other of what might be considered founded on the teachings of a false prophet with any one of those denominations. Mormonism and all other Christian denominations have Jesus their "Christ" as their foundation stone so Mormonism is just as much a Christian denomination and a cult as all the other thousands of Christian denominations are.

Old 12-22-2014, 08:29 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
I'm guessing you genuine felt you were being intelligent while you were typing this out.
Well, not to be rude, but his posts are more logical than yours. Your whole point seems to be that since YOUR beliefs are not made into law, or that anyone that doesn't believe what you believe, is worshiping false prophets,This somehow adds up to mean that YOU and christians are being discriminated against.

A totally false argument.

P.S. You do know the bible stories were written down a couple of hundred years after Jesus apparently walked the earth.

That there are two creation stories in the Bible?

That bit and pieces have been manipulated about over the years in different editions.

That the very first Christians held ritual orgies?

Old 12-22-2014, 10:26 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,328,351 times
I'll take a different approach to the subject, if I may. Chevy already covered the part about everyone having the right to representation under the law, and I will take the theological position that the disciple is not above his master and that Christians are told (in the bible) to expect and even rejoice in persecution for their faith.

However, I take exception to your choice of the word 'persecution' wrt this issue. Perhaps you have not heard of or known Christians who are genuinely persecuted. To compare the denial of accreditation to a law school with persecution boggles my mind.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:19 AM

564 posts, read 1,040,670 times
Quote:
Even if they all genuinely renounced and ceased practicing polygamy, the "church" would still be a cult founded on the teachings of a false prophet.
You mean just like Christianity and every other mythologically-derived belief-system posturing as "truth"? A cult is a cult is a cult.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:00 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
No, Ken's a good Christian.

According to Deuteronomy all worshipers of other religions need to be stoned to death. Not the Colorado stoned either.

17:2-7

Old 12-23-2014, 11:07 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,175,256 times
Can't believe this hill billy thread already has #67 responses...

Old 12-23-2014, 03:26 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Can't believe this hill billy thread already has #67 responses...
Not big on persecuting Christians, but morons, it's like having a piñata around.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:33 PM

Sad and pathetic. I'm a Christian, not an ancient Israelite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
No, Ken's a good Christian.

According to Deuteronomy all worshipers of other religions need to be stoned to death. Not the Colorado stoned either.

17:2-7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada