Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 08:16 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Sconce View Post
Horsebllep, he dropped out of the first two he started then ended up getting a B of Education.

What jobs has Trudeau had besides PT drama teacher..Ultimate Frisbee coach?

There is also another story where Trudeau enrolled in the RMC only to have daddy bail him out 3 weeks later because he couldn't stand the military. That one will be in the headlines very soon. I know two people that will swear on a bible that Trudeau was enrolled with them but then disappeared.
Truth is we never know how someone will measure up until they are in the Chair.. We can look at a resume/qualifications and we can ridicule someone for dropping out of something like the RMC when they were young (and all of us have our young and stupid stories), but at this point how Mr Trudeau will measure up sitting in the Big chair is just unknown. It was an unknown back in 2006 when Mr Harper took the seat and it is unknown now.

If you think about it - Paul Martin was perhaps on paper as qualified a PM as anyone in our history yet he didn't make his mark.. Sure he was voted out after 3 years and had to deal probably for the most part unfairly with scandal but in the end he simply didn't meet expectations and wasn't as transformative a PM as he was a Finance Minister.. History is full of many such examples.. Look to Ulysses S Grant - a fine Military General and probably one of the most influential military leaders in history but two terms as President of the U.S and U.S Grant simply didn't make his mark as President and he didn't live up to the lofty expectation his experience seemed to have suggested.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:24 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:
Horsebllep, he dropped out of the first two he started then ended up getting a B of Education.

There is also another story where Trudeau enrolled in the RMC only to have daddy bail him out 3 weeks later because he couldn't stand the military. That one will be in the headlines very soon. I know two people that will swear on a bible that Trudeau was enrolled with them but then disappeared.
I'm ambivalent about the new Prime Minister elect but I sure don't like to see rude and misinformed people with no credibility telling unfounded malicious lies about him. You should know, even an idiot with a bit of curiosity can find out the facts these days without having to make up mean-spirited stories. So maybe some of this will set you straight and answer your questions about what Trudeau was doing with his education and career paths:

Justin Trudeau - The Canadian Encyclopedia

Old 10-26-2015, 08:51 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm ambivalent about the new Prime Minister elect

This is understandable and we should always be apprehensive of having lofty expectations regardless of the experience and paper qualifications of a new leader.

In 1857 James Buchanan took office as President of the U.S and the man was an experienced (graduated with honours) Lawyer, Politician (He was a Congressman, Senator, Ambassador and U.S Secretary of State to boot). There was every indication on paper that he had the qualifications to be an exemplary President but he ended up being a poor leader. So poor in fact he is ranked by historians as the least successful U.S President to date..

Buchanan is a good contrast to his successor, Abraham Lincoln. On paper less qualified than Buchanan and less experienced, younger man when he took office than Buchanan was. Lincoln was an experienced Lawyer and Congressman but unlike Buchanan was not a Senator, not a member of Cabinet nor was he an Ambassador or seasoned diplomat like Buchanan at all but and its a big But... Lincoln went on to become the most important figure in American history and widely regarded as the most successful President in U.S history bar none.

I'm sure many were ambivalent about Lincoln... Not to say Trudeau is going to be Lincoln but I think there are some lessons here from the past - many many of them that at the very least warrants an open mind about Mr Trudeau.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:46 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:

He dropped out of engineering and environmental geography after his other degrees and he has two degrees, regardless of which order he got them in your claim was he dropped out of every program he ever was in which is not true. He has two degrees hence he completed two orograms. Try to be more objective. He has been more than a drama teacher, I already stated English lit and French as well as some other positions that you could easily find online. Harper on the other hand dropped out of his program, his father got him a job in the mail room and after that he went back to school, got some degrees and went into politics. If you think sorting mail is more demanding then teaching junior high school students you are mistaken. Trudeau taught skiing and was a camp cancounselor putting himself through school. Considering who his father was Justin seemed to have a more normal life than most politicians.

Lots if people find out the military is not for them, better at the beginning then after we have invested money into them.

So dropping out of a program and only having an entry level position is good for a conservative but two degrees and a career in teaching is only good enough to wash cars for a liberal?

But the real point is to put him down you resorted to lying both about his career as a teacher and of his education, he was more than a part time drama teacher and he did not quite every program he enrolled in, he finished off two degrees. And on the 4th he will be sworn in as Prime Minister of Canada. I get that you neither like nor respect him but you can at least attack him without lying to do do. I hoped the Era of dishonest attacks was over. What you claimed was easily disproven in one minute of research you failed.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:45 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
oooooh 1 billion dollars of debt...... oooooooh

As for fiscal management take a look at this..

No matter how you add it up, Harper’s fiscal record is a catastrophe
You can find a source for whatever political slant you prefer, but the fact remains that under Harper's watch, Canada emerged in excellent shape following the 2008 economic collapse relative to the other members of the G8. Unlike your immature rhetoric, that is an actual fact.

For the record, I was never a fan of Harper for many reasons. However, given the clown car of alternatives and the current state of Canada's economy, he was the best choice if that is your main concern as it is mine.

Of course if you are on welfare and your primary concern is your morning "wake 'n' bake" and staying high enough that you don't care, I can completely understand your support for the Liberals.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:24 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Commenting from South of our long border I have to wonder why Canada bothers with either an Air Force or a Navy.
Canada is a sovereign nation. Like other such nations, it requires its own defence force. While it is unlikely that the US (or anybody else) will attack Canada, based on its geographical position in the world; Canada is prepared, both militarily and by armed civilians (yes, Canadians can own guns and they know how to use them). In short, our Armed Forces and armed civilians, work pretty well for us.

What is more of a threat is the Russians coming over the North Pole. In this instance, both the US and Canada stand ready to repel the threat, using combined forces through NORAD.

North American defense is a joint responsibility. The Americans won't protect us by themselves--we will do it together. As we have pledged to do since 1945.

Last edited by ChevySpoons; 10-27-2015 at 02:42 AM..

Old 10-27-2015, 03:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Generally speaking we like our Americans where they are, and not based on Canadian soil. As far as the RCN goes, what we need are more littoral ships for costal defense and Arctic water. I think the F35 should be killed in it's sleep and move the money to either Super Hornets, Rafales or the new Uber Grippen. Plus since the USAF doesn't seem to want them, a couple of squadrons of A-10's thrown in for free would be about perfect for surface patrol in the north.

You know what else we should do? ARM our Coast GUARD. lol

I agree about more littoral ships, and I think having A-10's would be sweet. But......they aren't particularly fast, and covering the vastness of the north might be too much for them. I have always wondered why we don't buy some of the mothballed F-16's and whatnot the States has laying around the desert by the thousands. While I love the Hornet......I mean, come on. Let's expand a little here. lol

Old 10-27-2015, 06:20 AM

869 posts, read 1,124,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
You can find a source for whatever political slant you prefer, but the fact remains that under Harper's watch, Canada emerged in excellent shape following the 2008 economic collapse relative to the other members of the G8. Unlike your immature rhetoric, that is an actual fact.

For the record, I was never a fan of Harper for many reasons. However, given the clown car of alternatives and the current state of Canada's economy, he was the best choice if that is your main concern as it is mine.

Of course if you are on welfare and your primary concern is your morning "wake 'n' bake" and staying high enough that you don't care, I can completely understand your support for the Liberals.
AAAH come on dude cant you feel the love, it'll be nothing but peppermint kisses and rainbow dreams from November 4th on

Old 10-27-2015, 06:57 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post

Old 10-27-2015, 07:25 AM

225 posts, read 203,073 times
^^^

Hahahahahaha

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada