Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:11 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,749,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
There are as many people worried about Western meddling and influence in the Russian sphere of influence not to mention NGO organizations that actively worked inside Russia to destabilize the country.

You could even have a chat with some Syrian immigrants in Vancouver about ISIS and how they view Russia

You see, that is where the lack of critical skill and capability to see the big picture is evident...Russia is not the aggressor here, at all....Russia has been encircled for years by western military bases not to mention the political maneuvering (corrupt, cajoling and co-opt) in its neighbor states and the orchestration of a coup in Ukraine to remove a legitimate elected president (corrupt as much as the new regime but still a democratically elected one)...what about the entire Syrian debacle where one of the real final objective is to strangle Russia economically (hint: Persian Gulf natural gas to Europe)

I'm not saying that Putin is an angel....far from it, he is a tough SOB but it stands for the integrity of the Russian state and the protection of Russian sphere of influence....he's being seen as an "aggressor" because finally, after years, he's fighting back (and with internal approval number to shame any US administration).....and you and the other brainwashed masses swallow the official narrative hook line and sinker.

First of all, there are still no definitive proof of Russian hacking other than what the Intelligence agencies say so far...and Obama meddling with the UK referendum is as serious, the EU is not just a trade organization.

Second, Americans should be grateful to know what was going on at the DNC, regardless of who did the hacking.

The game is about Russia wanting to be left alone and I would gladly go along with it.

That is pure fantasy,

Both the traditional parties are war parties paid to keep the enormous military industrial complex going, I have no illusion of Trump trying to change that course but I'm sure I'm glad to see someone trying. If you think that Hillary was not a warmonger I have a bridge in Vancouver to sell.....interested??

The answer is obvious if you follow the logic.....
Can't rep you enough for that.
This anti-Russia stance is nothing but the result of brainwashing and west-centredness. So much double standard involved that I don't know where to comment. The logic is, if you don't act like one of America's pets like I am, you are the bad guy.

I still remember her asking "what's so bad about Saudi Arabia as it is just a country with some conservative religious practice". See here? They don't know what's bad about Saudi Arabia because it's an ally and their government doesn't want them to know. On the other hand, everyone was bombarded about how evils the Syrian, Iraqi or Libyan dictators are because such infomation serves their political agenda, when these regimes are 10 times nicer than the Saudi. This is how brainwashed people can be. Applies to Russia vs NATO too.

The funny thing is, if Clinton had won, these people wouldn't be constantly whining about it in the first place. At the beginning of the election, I said I hope Trump would win just to Pi ** off self righteous people who can't stand him. Now it's really fun to see the pathetic responses.

PS: don't be offended by "brainwash", not meant to be an insult. we are all brainwashed to some extent as we are all FED with manipulated information, just in different ways. It's up for us to think impartially, not just in our own shoes. Other countries have to survive as well.

Last edited by botticelli; 01-19-2017 at 01:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 02:07 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,784,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Can't rep you enough for that.
This anti-Russia stance is nothing but the result of brainwashing and west-centredness. So much double standard involved that I don't know where to comment. The logic is, if you don't act like one of America's pets like I am, you are the bad guy.

I still remember her asking "what's so bad about Saudi Arabia as it is just a country with some conservative religious practice". See here? They don't know what's bad about Saudi Arabia because it's an ally and their government doesn't want them to know. On the other hand, everyone was bombarded about how evils the Syrian, Iraqi or Libyan dictators are because such infomation serves their political agenda, when these regimes are 10 times nicer than the Saudi. This is how brainwashed people can be. Applies to Russia vs NATO too.

The funny thing is, if Clinton had won, these people wouldn't be constantly whining about it in the first place. At the beginning of the election, I said I hope Trump would win just to Pi ** off self righteous people who can't stand him. Now it's really fun to see the pathetic responses.

PS: don't be offended by "brainwash", not meant to be an insult. we are all brainwashed to some extent as we are all FED with manipulated information, just in different ways. It's up for us to think impartially, not just in our own shoes. Other countries have to survive as well.
+1

Excellent post that is spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada